Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

39 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He is a pacy versatile winger wide forward or covers left and right wing and can play centrally. He is literally exactly the type of player we need,… as well as other pressing areas. As I said earlier this doesn’t mean they are blind to what is needed 

He can only play against us.....

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I hope this move is an indication that our set up doesn't work. 

Let's get Sarr and Bailey out wide with Buendia or Coutinho off a striker. 

That would indicate Gerrard is wrong,.... Not happening!  Good signing if true but not what we need!

I think tbh DC Jonah, that he wants to play this fluent midfield of an attacking midfielder ,atm Ramsey, supporting PC or Emi on the left, a CF, and a wide attacker. He lost out on Bissouma and i think that kind of player would have allowed him more flexibility in the team.

When you think it can't get any worse......I read this.

We could have won 1-0 today and it would have been a sound away win.....if we had any notion of how to defend as a team.

So, then we go looking for a winger...pair of full backs who can defend would be novel.

goodnight.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Good luck with that. 

Gerrard won’t drop Ramsey and McGinn. Personally, I’d drop both and play Iroegbunam and Luiz. Play a fairly defensive three in front of the back 4, tell the fullbacks not to bomb on too much and then let the front three try to create something. You could maybe play Ramsey instead of one of Luiz/Tim. 

Either way, the whole shape of the team needs to change. We need to go back to basics. 

Tragedy is.....We can't do the basics.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Good luck with that. 

Gerrard won’t drop Ramsey and McGinn. Personally, I’d drop both and play Iroegbunam and Luiz. Play a fairly defensive three in front of the back 4, tell the fullbacks not to bomb on too much and then let the front three try to create something. You could maybe play Ramsey instead of one of Luiz/Tim. 

Either way, the whole shape of the team needs to change. We need to go back to basics. 

He can pick any **** 11 he wants, it's the philosophy that is wrong. It's just not working, and it doesn't matter who plays. They won't save us. Mings didn't , Buendia didn't. The philosophy needs to change.

This would be great if gerrards given in and said he going to play with wingers. I think we need to.

We have the players. Honestly we could be one of the ebst counter attacking teams in the league with the players we have.

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Baffled by people saying we don't need him or a player of his type, we've lost Chukwuemeka who was being utilized in the final third last season, as well as Trezeguet, and El Ghazi and Traore looking like they're on the way out too, we're definitley short in the final third, we've only got Coutinho, Buendia, and Bailey as wide No.10 / wide forward options, beyond playing players out of position.

Also I think this 'we don't play with wingers' thing is a strange thing that people keep coming out with, it's kind of true, but it's also true of most clubs, old fashioned wingers barely exist as players any more, Sarr would play as a wide forward, similar to how we use Bailey.

On the player himself I've always been impressed with him whenever I've seen Watford, both in Premier League and the Championship, have to say I was disappointed when It looked like he might be joining Leeds and then Palace, would be pleased if we could get him, as I've said before reminds of the kind of attacker I always use to associate with the best Villa side, which is skilful wiht a lot of pace.

So that would leave us Sarr, Bailey, Buendia on the bench then 

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Good luck with that. 

Agreed! Mcginn is one of the biggest reasons we have no control in the middle for the last 3 seasons 

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Which will happen quite often when Gerrard switches back to two up top.

Yeah! Seems a waste of 25mil for me when we got bigger issues in the side like the midfield

Unless we getting in a midfielder aswell?

i can understand Sarr, IF we played 4231, with Sarr/Bailey wide and offering pace/guile on the break etc, with Couts or Buendia in the 10 role.

But, Gerrard doesnt play like that, the transfer on paper seems good, but where is Sarr going to fit in the two available slots in the forward 3 when we already have couts, buendia, Bailey?

Im not saying Sarr is a poor target, but it does seem a disjointed signing with how Gerrard plays (or doesnt play - as the tactics are non existant).

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i can understand Sarr, IF we played 4231, with Sarr/Bailey wide and offering pace/guile on the break etc, with Couts or Buendia in the 10 role.

But, Gerrard doesnt play like that, the transfer on paper seems good, but where is Sarr going to fit in the two available slots in the forward 3 when we already have couts, buendia, Bailey?

Im not saying Sarr is a poor target, but it does seem a disjointed signing with how Gerrard plays (or doesnt play - as the tactics are non existant).

Maybe the club will force him to change the system, surely they can see it’s not effective.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I hope this move is an indication that our set up doesn't work. 

Let's get Sarr and Bailey out wide with Buendia or Coutinho off a striker. 

If we get a wide attacker in I would assume at least one of our fullbacks can invert or at least not be responsible for attacking width.

Â