Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

12 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

There is an awful lot wrong with Aston Villa at the moment TRO - We have some very good players and yet somehow contrive to look like, they have never played together.

I know you liked Bruce, but unfortunately this is looking more and more like a very similar  appointment with each passing week.

We have no pattern or cohesion and look a very ordinary outfit - I feel the Everton win, just  papered over the cracks. I think many of us feel this way.

Oh for pity’s sake. I spent some time I will never get back yesterday encouraging people not to obsess about the past in terms of who said what about Dean Smith because it is a long time in the past now and irrelevant.

But really to start talking about Steve Bruce, FFS, do you know how long it is since Bruce has anything to do with this club? And quite how massively our present situation differs from how things were when Bruce was manager?

@TRO certainly doesn’t need me to defend him but it is such arrant nonsense to say that he “liked Bruce” and such a distortion of the facts, you should hang your head in shame. I remember well disagreeing with @TRO because he spotted much earlier than I did that Bruce was leading us to failure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Oh for pity’s sake. I spent some time I will never get back yesterday encouraging people not to obsess about the past in terms of who said what about Dean Smith because it is a long time in the past now and irrelevant.

But really to start talking about Steve Bruce, FFS, do you know how long it is since Bruce has anything to do with this club? And quite how massively our present situation differs from how things were when Bruce was manager?

@TRO certainly doesn’t need me to defend him but it is such arrant nonsense to say that he “liked Bruce” and such a distortion of the facts, you should hang your head in shame. I remember well disagreeing with @TRO because he spotted much earlier than I did that Bruce was leading us to failure.

Who said anything about defending himself - I was simply making comparisons between Bruce and now Gerrard and unfortunately there are now many similarities - eg lack of cohesion or identity and quite frankly very poor to watch.

I am somewhat surprised that you can’t see similarities between the Bruce ball era and now? 
I hope I am wrong - but fear Gerrard is taking the club backwards - as was Bruce, hence my original point 

This just does not have a good feel about it - surely you would be feeling the same ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He'such more.exposive than Traore.

I'd argue they are totally different players.

Traore is more of a skill and finesse player.

Sarr is more like an old school, dynamic, pacery winger / wife forward.

Is he in anyway similar to how Bolasie was? I seem to remember him being described as one dimensional before he came.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A bigger and stronger Leon Bailey perhaps?

Seems an odd one considering we already have Bailey and Buendia....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Are we starting to panic? 

We have just been destroyed by Palace and have lost two out of 3 games against opposition we should be beating… not looking good. Thrash out this deal and release the news asap!   

Sarr is a good player. The coaching staff are bad coaches. This probably won’t work out along with the rest of the (handful of) talented players we have. 

Mate, do you think the deal was pursued and agreed after the match 🤣.

It appears they've obviously been working on it behind the scenes.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A bigger and stronger Leon Bailey perhaps?

Seems an odd one considering we already have Bailey and Buendia....

This is why I'm floating the idea that we probably want stronger players all over the pitch, even in forward areas, which I'd actually agree with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

tbh Ive never thought of him as Wife material but if he delivers the goods ill happily give him a kiss on his face

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, do you think the deal was pursued and agreed after the match 🤣.

It appears they've obviously been working on it behind the scenes.

Yea probably getting things in place, but actually pulling the trigger… that didn’t happen until we just so happen to lose to Palace. Like I said in the transfer thread, if we had won today I don’t think we would have pursued it further. I think there might be two more as well. 

Proper panic in my view. 

Edited by Tayls

Â