Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Makes literally no sense if true - are we replacing Bailey already? Save this money for a midfield and CB please!

I guess we don't have any direct alternatives to Bailey in the squad, if he's injured or out of form. 

• Like 1

Just now, messi11 said:

Gerrards formation against West Ham

------------Martinez---------------
Cash- Konsa-Mings- Digne
Buendia- Kamara- Ramsey
Bailey
Sarr------  Watkins-------------

Leaves us a bit exposed on the left hand side mate.

• Haha 1

I've always liked him.

Ripped Targett a new one first game of last season and generally was the catalyst in Watford's best wins last season. Then got injured around November and with AFCON didn't play much at all.

He's an effective player in right formation but......

he's a touchline hugging direct wide player so perfect for 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. No idea how he fits into a Gerrard system unless grand plan is to convert him into CF like we are doing with Bailey.

Also feels odd to be prioritising signing another front 3 player over CM and defence. Smacks of yet again Gerrard throwing money at a problem without any idea how to implement it into coherent team.

Still as said above he'd be a very exciting player for next manager to work with so got to think long term I guess.

Bailey can play on the left, right?  In fact I think he's played there more times over his career?

Bailey  Buendia/Coutinho  Sarr

Has tonnes of pace and creativity. I like it. 
May be we'd move back to a 433 though and drop Buendia or Coutinho into the middle as Kamara + Mcginn (as unfortunately I expect it would be) would get overrun

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I guess we don't have any direct alternatives to Bailey in the squad, if he's injured or out of form. 

But we don’t play with wingers. Why would we get a backup for a winger, who’s not being played as a winger?

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Gerrards formation against West Ham

------------Martinez---------------
Cash- Konsa-Mings- Digne
Buendia- Kamara- Ramsey
Bailey
Sarr------  Watkins-------------

Team is far to compact get everyone out near the touchline and leave Kamara there in the middle by himself.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

Bailey can play on the left, right?  In fact I think he's played there more times over his career?

Bailey  Buendia/Coutinho  Sarr

Has tonnes of pace and creativity. I like it. 
May be we'd move back to a 433 though and drop Buendia or Coutinho into the middle as Kamara + Mcginn (as unfortunately I expect it would be) would get overrun

Bailey played a lot on the left if I’m remembering correctly but he’s stated in interviews his best position is on the right.

Â