Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe not but he would have been snapped up by someone. 

Reckon this is one of those " opportunistic" signings Purslow has spoken about?

We said that about Sanson as well ffs 🤣

I do get the thinking though 

In fairness, we probably need " physically stronger " players from front to back.

• Like 1

Good player.

We don't play with wingers. There's been nothing to suggest we want to play with wingers. At no point have we tried to pay with wingers. We've actively tried to get rid of wingers. Why are we going to spend the thick end of £30m on a winger?

• Like 1

What the hell does Lange do? Another signing any wally on football manager would make. I can think of Sanson and and Troare as more left field "potential value" signings and they were flops. There is very little imagination in our scouting.

Edited by villanmac

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Good player.

We don't play with wingers. There's been nothing to suggest we want to play with wingers. At no point have we tried to pay with wingers. We've actively tried to get rid of wingers. Why are we going to spend the thick end of £30m on a winger?

I thought he was a wide forward. Tbh I don’t even know the difference anymore.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Just keep piling them in with no strategy and no structure. Business is definition of a trolly dash. How many of our front line the past few years. 6/7 signed and none worth more than they paid for.

Traore 17m write off.

Just get another one in. 

Emi hasn't hit the ground running.

Coutinho 17m 120k. Doesn't fit and not a right fit.

Just get another one in. 

£150 increase for this absolute nonsensical bollocks.

We’re determined to waste as much of the Grealish money as we can. 

I don’t  see this being true, and even if it was we have way more pressing concerns that need addressing before adding another wide player to the squad.

On Sarr, I am not convinced by him to be honest. Has moments of magic, but does he do it often enough to improve our first team or will he be just another body who occasionally shines but is mostly frustrating.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wonder if the club are making signings, regardless of SG?

What if the club have an identity they want, as well as analysis etc and decide when to move on who.

Would be great to return to that. Seems like we went mad for 2 windows and let the manager bring in whomever he chose. If this signals a return to the transfer committee making the choices them I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

Â