Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He’s in his prime and far from old. But at 26, with many seasons in the Prem, it’s reasonable to assume he’s reached his ceiling. Not likely to improve.

He’s certainly not aging though

58 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Can we PLEASE draw a line under the business of misusing language in this way. Actual hatred? Like genuine Hate? What on earth are you talking about.

Literally look up the Oxford English Dictionary definition then come back to me with another smart ass comment… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In all fairness, we must ask about players all the time. It doesn't say we've done anything but enquire, and that's probably been leaked by his agent. 

He's probably on a list of players we've enquired about before making a short-list. Can't see how, or why he'd get in ahead of Chambers or Konsa.

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

In all fairness, we must ask about players all the time. It doesn't say we've done anything but enquire, and that's probably been leaked by his agent. 

He's probably on a list of players we've enquired about before making a short-list. Can't see how, or why he'd get in ahead of Chambers or Konsa.

Hopefully you’re right. We’re generally silent with our transfers.

I think we should sign a cb but Carlos will be back this season so it's pointless going out and spending a fortune on one. 

Having said that, I'm not sure this guy is miles better than what we have. If he's coming in as a squad player then fair enough but I doubt that's the case. 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I don’t think we will or necessarily should sign him - I think some should remember where we  were 3 years ago after 3 years in the championship… 

Not sure I understand this. Three years ago, we were a worse team than today. We’ve improved but there’s still much left to do.

Is the idea that we should be grateful for still being in the top flight, welcome Bednarek and stop whining? The owners have made clear they have higher ambitions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully you’re right. We’re generally silent with our transfers.

I have a mate that used to be quite high up at a sports agency a few years ago. He would say that clubs have their preferred targets, back-ups to those targets, back-ups to the back-ups, then tentative enquiries, and so on....

We're one of the most tight-lipped teams in the league. If this has surfaced, when there's probably dozens of players we've asked about, then it's either come from the player and his reps, Southampton themselves or us. If it has come from Southampton then that could be them telling people they're open to offers. Players would normally leak something when they're trying to force a move, but Southampton seem willing to sell.

If it's from us, then it's more likely us trying to put some urgency on primary targets to make a decision. There's no benefit for either side to leak information in order for this deal to go through.

A deal when all parties are happy doesn't need to be leaked.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I don’t think we will or necessarily should sign him - I think some should remember where we  were 3 years ago after 3 years in the championship… 

and we have constantly improved in them 3 years until the last 6 months. Not really sure what the point is here that because we were poor 3 years ago we should accept signing poor players

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

and we have constantly improved in them 3 years until the last 6 months. Not really sure what the point is here that because we were poor 3 years ago we should accept signing poor players

Well you have to remember 200 years ago there wasn’t even an Aston Villa, so we must be grateful for Jan Bednarek now.  5 billion years ago there wasn’t even an Earth, just be grateful 😉😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

The most surprising thing for me is he’s 26, genuinely thought he was about 30. 

This has me wondering what sorts of things a 26 year old does to create an impression of being 30? 🤫

Edited by briny_ear

Â