Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

Best of luck Jan, with defending the 5 v 3 counter attacks following Bailey losing the ball after being outnumbered, while 4 of our players players stand within 5 yards of Coutinho on the other side of the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

To quote (verbatim) my dear friend, a lifelong Southampton fan and a generally reasonable person (relatively speaking):

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

I have seen some shit in my time watching the Saints, and he is shit.

0/10 do not recommend.

He might be a good shout for manager though.

I'm just sad it's a loan because 1) he might come back 2) he cannot play against us.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Haha 1

That thug ball manager Moyes wanted him suggests at least we might have a got a defender who will put it about a bit 

So in that regard he will be a welcome addition  .. double team him with Dendoncker  on Haaland  v City and we might keep it down to 5 

I wouldn't be blown away by this one under normal circumstances. I do actually like him as a player but not sure he's good enough to be first choice for where we're aiming for.

But given the situation with Carlos getting injured I can understand we may not be in the position to get a player like that.

He's certainly an upgrade on Hause and probably on the current form of Konsa too

• Like 1

On 20/08/2022 at 09:43, Villa 59 said:

No...to this guy....Feeney at the tender age of 17 is already better than this clown!

If have some injuries and end up in a relegation battle, do you really want to trust your fate to a 17 year old CB?

If it's a one year loan as reported, then it gets us through until Diego Carlos is back with no long-term financial commitment. Can't get mad at it, even if I can't get excited by it.  Probably going from bench-warmer at Soton to bench-warmer here, but we need cover and he can't be worse than Hause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't be blown away by this one under normal circumstances. I do actually like him as a player but not sure he's good enough to be first choice for where we're aiming for.

But given the situation with Carlos getting injured I can understand we may not be in the position to get a player like that.

He's certainly an upgrade on Hause and probably on the current form of Konsa too

He might be on Hause - but not Konsa - not even an out of form Konsa 

Total stopgap signing, but that's exactly what we need with the Carlos injury. Makes total sense to me, experienced in the league. Should be a step up on Konsa in current form. But equally Konsa/Chambers should be looking to fight for their spot ahead of him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomC said:

If have some injuries and end up in a relegation battle, do you really want to trust your fate to a 17 year old CB?

Don’t trust Bednarek that’s for sure

27 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Out of curiosity I took a look, sure enough he played in both 9 nils for S'hampton. 18 goals shipped and 1 red card!

54 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Out of curiosity I took a look, sure enough he played in both 9 nils for S'hampton. 18 goals shipped and 1 red card!

Probably not responsible for 18 goals if he got a red in one match. Wasn't it at 0-0 as well?

Desperate signing by a desperate club with desperate manager.

It would have been better to have kept Hause, as we loaned him after Carlos got injured.

Does anybody really think this guy is an upgrade on Hause?

Â