Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Our players don't show for passes enough and its incredibly frustrating. JJ and McGinn too far forward when we have the ball and not making themselves an option - need Doug on 2nd half as we are getting bossed in midfield by Palace.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Bro it's the coaching 100%. Only coaching and tactical setup can get players looking like more than the sum of their parts. And the lack thereof results in the opposite. This should be a case study.

It's hard to not question the coaching. 

The setup so narrow I think restricts us and we don't seem to build any passages of play. 

We've got quality players who can show moments but our build up play is so poor at times. 

Just now, penguin said:

Every team or player can have off days.

When the team is consistently poor and directionless you have to look at the manager.

We look like a newly assembled championship team.

That's the nail on the head tbf. Kamara is the only new player in there, so why is it its virtually every other player that look like they've never played together before?

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We will be sleepwalking towards relegation under this manager with this weak ass midfield and defence if were not careful and action isn't taken.

I actually think we will be bottom 5/6 if we stick with him.

It is so so bad.

And we have a decent squad.

Just now, Thug said:

And he’s been our best player.

The rest are shit.

Your point?

My point is our woes are bigger that Buendi vs Couts. These guys are two obviously talented and good footballers, and should be the most creative and smart in the squad. 

Something is broken here, and yes, it could well be Gerrard and his system. 

these boys should be able to perform better.

The only thing which will get us moving forward is a new manager. We are stale with Gerrard, I see nothing new, nothing special, we have a decent bunch of players now, certainly should have enough to match Palace.

POCH! Where are you our saviour.