Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Just now, the_eristic said:

Manager doesn't know what he's doing, and we're completely outmatched physically.

He’s clueless and I’m starting to get really sick of him now.

All talk and bluster… nothing to show for it.

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

This is equal to the Watford performance last season.

It's one of the worst Villa performances I can recall since we came up.

I think this is worse.

Bournemouth have a weaker squad than the one that got promoted. We have a squad littered with very good players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who would have thought that playing a Brazilian centre half who isn't particularly tall and Konsa who couldn't win a ball in the air against Jimmy Krankie against a team with four 6'4" players might not work out.

I'm a Gerrard fan, I think there's the potential for him to do well, but he's made some truly dreadful decisions this summer and today and someone somewhere within the club needs to be telling him.

I'm prepared to give him some more time, but we can't see a repeat of this sort of performance for a long while. the players haven't managed to do the simple things well today so it's hard to put the blame entirely at SG's door at the moment.

I will say though that they do not look like a well coached team at all.

no chance we will get 50000 through the doors at VP with performances like these, are support base isnt as wedded to the club as a lot of other clubs and mediocre performances will see a lot of empty seats at VP. Purslow and co will have to have the ability to pull the plug if we have too many performances like this throughout the season. Sometimes you have to make ruthless decisions and get people in when you have the chance, maybe approaching Poch isnt the worst idea in the world. why not find out if he is interested via backchannels at the least?

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

Watching the likes of Fulham, Newcastle and Bournemouth, I'm already concerned about this season. I know it's only one game but we look well below average.

Well below average is a very downstated polite way of what you really mean!