Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who would have thought that playing a Brazilian centre half who isn't particularly tall and Konsa who couldn't win a ball in the air against Jimmy Krankie against a team with four 6'4" players might not work out.

I'm a Gerrard fan, I think there's the potential for him to do well, but he's made some truly dreadful decisions this summer and today and someone somewhere within the club needs to be telling him.

It's so **** stupid, it's bordering on negligent. It at the very least lowers your faith in the iq of the man. It's not even tactics it's bastard commonsense 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I think this is worse.

Bournemouth have a weaker squad than the one that got promoted. We have a squad littered with very good players.

Plus we've had no excuses with disrupted preseason, injuries, etc. This is all because we have a dreadful manager.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I know it's only one game but it's the same mistakes over and over again

Yep, 2 wins from the last 12 Premier League games (Burnley & Norwich).

Extremely concerning, despite the counter assertion that any negativity lacks perspective.

I’d be interested to know what Gerrard has learnt from this game, as the final preseason friendly it’s been useful to get some minutes in the legs at least. 

Wait…, what, it’s not preseason? Could have fooled me.

• Like 1

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Should have told the players that Bournemouth is a coastal town in Southern Australia. Like Adelaide.

We were shit in Australia too, but anyone criticising the performances was called dramatic.