Ludwig Augustinsson

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes we can't terminate the loan just because the player got injured. We would have to pay the full amount as you said. Only way to terminate is both sides agreeing so is mutual consent. Which isn't going to happen here

Yes, we'll pay his wages until the end of the year (insurance?) and then off he goes. Looked painful, all the best Ludwig.

"We have two left-backs, Lucas Digne and Ludwig Augustinsson, but the profile is similar with them.

I spoke with Augustinsson about the possibility to leave – he is on loan here from Sevilla – because I wanted to sign a different profile, trying to be more offensive. "

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/12/the-presser--emery-looks-ahead-to-leeds-united/

I'm amused with the image of us borrowing him, using him twice, doing his ankle in, and sending him back.

Its like hiring a car, never using it, then giving it a run in a demolition derby, and giving it back with the axle hanging off, with a polite nod, handshake and 'thank you so much'. And then buying a Ferrari instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I'm amused with the image of us borrowing him, using him twice, doing his ankle in, and sending him back.

Its like hiring a car, never using it, then giving it a run in a demolition derby, and giving it back with the axle hanging off, with a polite nod, handshake and 'thank you so much'. And then buying a Ferrari instead.

From the rival dealer 😉

• Like 1

He looked ok when he came on versus Wolves, but like the whole team was very poor on Sunday. Seemed a pointless signing at the time. I thought he would play less than 10 games, seems that was an optimistic prediction. The fact he has generated 17 pages of chat during his entire time with us speaks volumes.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Sevilla fans were reportedly very happy to see the back of him when he came to us, same as Roma with Olsen. Very telling. 

Hope he recovers well and finds his place in a more suitable league at a more suitable level. 

40 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'd normally feel bad about this, but since other teams have been doing it to us for years, don't mind much.

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

bold prediction that that was the last time a Ludwig will ever play for Aston Villa

Funnily enough Augustinssons boyhood club Brommapojkarna has a very promising kid names Ludwig Malachowski Thorell. He's 17 and captain for the Swedish U18 national side and will play for Brommapojkarnas senior side in the top flight this season. Would not be the worst signing probably.

• Like 1

Â