Luis Suarez

maqroll

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

On tv now, Sevilla-Atletico Madrid, 1-1 at half time. Diego Carlos played good, upgrade on Mings. Suarez starts up front, been awful.

Are those two things linked? :) 

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Now I want us to bid just so you have to chose.

Well, if he's ever going to leave Napoli, I'd want him at Villa. The problem is that Napoli will be playing in the Champions League next year so they have the more immediate need for him. 😂

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Well, if he's ever going to leave Napoli, I'd want him at Villa. The problem is that Napoli will be playing in the Champions League next year so they have the more immediate need for him. 😂

Kamara says hi 😉

• Like 1

I suppose the best way to think about what Suarez brings on top of his vast experience and the added profile he will bring to the club. It's thinking about the teams we've failed to break down because of their low block.

Watford, Newcastle, Burnley etc.. games we struggled to get through and when we did we didn't have the clinical finishing we needed. Lots of teams will not press us in our own half and we can play out from the back easily. Those same teams will kick the ball out long from their own kicks. 

Watkins is least effective in games like this where the opposition compact the space in their half and gift us possession in ours. The movement and finishing of a Suarez in these games would be key to getting us vital goals and nothing else is needed.

Then we have the obvious use off the bench to get us a goal in a game. His effectiveness is still very high for 30 mins that's for sure. 

Adding competition to the forward line like this and Archer there learning too. That will improve our attack next season for sure Vs what we had this season. Especially if Ings finds his finishing touch again. 

Ings Suarez Coutinho are the right three to find the space against these tall low block teams who want to force us wide and crossing the ball into the box instead of using quick passing and movement to unlock them.

Villa have been so wasteful infront of goal this past season, I would have expected a deadly finisher like Suarez to have scored at least half of the chances missed.

We've seen simple shots either saved or missed, headers gone over the bar (something Suarez is very good at too).

But I agree with @CVByrne his experience is just as valuable to players like Archer, Ramsey, Iroegbunam, Chukwuemeka and even older players like Cash, Watkins, Kamara etc.

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I suppose the best way to think about what Suarez brings on top of his vast experience and the added profile he will bring to the club. It's thinking about the teams we've failed to break down because of their low block.

Watford, Newcastle, Burnley etc.. games we struggled to get through and when we did we didn't have the clinical finishing we needed. Lots of teams will not press us in our own half and we can play out from the back easily. Those same teams will kick the ball out long from their own kicks. 

Watkins is least effective in games like this where the opposition compact the space in their half and gift us possession in ours. The movement and finishing of a Suarez in these games would be key to getting us vital goals and nothing else is needed.

Then we have the obvious use off the bench to get us a goal in a game. His effectiveness is still very high for 30 mins that's for sure. 

Adding competition to the forward line like this and Archer there learning too. That will improve our attack next season for sure Vs what we had this season. Especially if Ings finds his finishing touch again. 

Ings Suarez Coutinho are the right three to find the space against these tall low block teams who want to force us wide and crossing the ball into the box instead of using quick passing and movement to unlock them.

Good point. Suarez would have been lethal in front of goal in these games. 

He might not have the legs for the big teams when we are pressed back and have to counter, but against a low block when we are already pushed up high he won't have to run as much and it will be all about his movement in the box.

38 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

But I agree with @CVByrne his experience is just as valuable to players like Archer, Ramsey, Iroegbunam, Chukwuemeka and even older players like Cash, Watkins, Kamara etc

I'm sure they'll all be delighted to be working closely with a player with a history of racism who's never shown an ounce of remorse. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Good point. Suarez would have been lethal in front of goal in these games. 

He might not have the legs for the big teams when we are pressed back and have to counter, but against a low block when we are already pushed up high he won't have to run as much and it will be all about his movement in the box.

Exactly, in those games our Strikers are surrounded by opposition players and it's their movement and quick passing interplay that will unlock defences. 

Coutinho Buendia playing with Suarez and Ings. Between them there is guile and fast interplay that can unlock goal scoring chances against these team. 

38 minutes ago, Dale said:

I'm sure they'll all be delighted to be working closely with a player with a history of racism who's never shown an ounce of remorse. 

I'm sure they won't judge him for an incident 11 years ago. The fact he is a good friend of Gerrard probably is enough of a character reference about who he is as a person. 

I'd say they'd be excited to learn from such a talented player. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dale said:

We live in the present, not the past...

• Like 1

I would absolutely love Suarez to join us. I dont give a shit that his best years are behind him. He'd win a few games on his own because he doesnt need 5 chances to score like our current strikers.

• Like 1

Â