Luis Suarez

maqroll

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They probably don’t even know about that incident.

They wouldnt know about a racist incident in probably the biggest game in English football involving 2 high profile players? One of the most infamous incidents in league history

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They wouldnt know about a racist incident in probably the biggest game in English football involving 2 high profile players? One of the most infamous incidents in league history

Ok they probably would. Bet they would still love to play alongside and learn from Suarez. But we just assuming now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yes but they probably dont care as much as you do. Its the past let bygones be bygones!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes but they probably dont care as much as you do. Its the past let bygones be bygones!

so its OK for people to be racist because it was in the past?

Nearly all of the players mentioned are black so I am sure they would care

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Racism is all the rage nowadays dude, right back in fashion. Imperial measurements, Brexit, no blacks, no irish no dogs signs, the good old days!

spacer.png

Edited by romavillan

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I would absolutely love Suarez to join us. I dont give a shit that his best years are behind him. He'd win a few games on his own because he doesnt need 5 chances to score like our current strikers.

But he would need a mobility scooter to get in the position :trollface:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I would absolutely love Suarez to join us. I dont give a shit that his best years are behind him. He'd win a few games on his own because he doesnt need 5 chances to score like our current strikers.

He is so slow now that he won't be able to get into the positions to score even if he wanted to

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Got to agree with Zatman on this. I am certain Mings would take exception to it.

Things in the past are generally OK left there if the person has sincerely apologised and accepted their wrongdoing. Suarez claims he didn't know he was being racist (possibly understandable given his background) but then refused to apologise for he fact it was found offensive by the target of his comments. Its not the actions of a man wanting to learn about other cultures.

He could well be a nice person outside of the racist language,  but the fact he bit an opponent tells me he probably has a rather short fuse when things don't go his way. Not sure I'd want our youth learning that from him.

As for whether he could offer anything on the pitch? I've not seen him recently enough to know, but his goal scoring record still seems pretty good even with limited playing time. I'd back him to score more than Ings or Watkins did last season given the same chances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok they probably would. Bet they would still love to play alongside and learn from Suarez. But we just assuming now.

I agree.

"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is it ok, no. Should a person be forgiven for saying something stupid like Saurez did. Yes. But really only once. 

We allow Saudi Arabia own football clubs and Putins henchmen, so let's not pretend football has some set of standards like that of a government minister. 

Suarez, made a stupid comment to Evra 11 years ago, he was punished for it. He's not even been accused of saying anything like that since, let alone punished.

Cancel culture in full flow these days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Is it ok, no. Should a person be forgiven for saying something stupid like Saurez did. Yes. But really only once. 

We allow Saudi Arabia own football clubs and Putins henchmen, so let's not pretend football has some set of standards like that of a government minister. 

Suarez, made a stupid comment to Evra 11 years ago, he was punished for it. He's not even been accused of saying anything like that since, let alone punished.

I'm not sure that was a good analogy?

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Thats great since Suarez never actually apologized for it. Jordan Henderson had to apologise on behalf of Liverpool not Suarez

Just because other clubs are owned by scumbags doesn't mean its ok for Villa to hire another one. 

Even of he was still an elite player I would rather struggle with good people than win with scumbags playing for us

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Making massive assumptions there. Suarez has played with many black players since that incident. Evra himself came out and said he does not think Suarez is a racist and even put him in his greatest ever 11! 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats great since Suarez never actually apologized for it. Jordan Henderson had to apologise on behalf of Liverpool not Suarez

Just because other clubs are owned by scumbags doesn't mean its ok for Villa to hire another one. 

Even of he was still an elite player I would rather struggle with good people than win with scumbags playing for us

Would you apologise for being racist, if you didn't believe you were being racist?

• Like 1

All our players and staff should be

• Faultless bastions of Virtue
  • Not be associated with Liverpool
  • Players not over 29, or is it 28 now?
  • Not under 22, unless they are a generational talent
  • Have Premier League experience
  • Come from abroad, unless they are regular England players.
  • Not cost too much
  • Love the Villa
  • Be new and exiting.

Where's that sarcasm smiley...

Edited by Mister_a
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Making massive assumptions there. Suarez has played with many black players since that incident. Evra himself came out and said he does not think Suarez is a racist and even put him in his greatest ever 11! 

Patrice Evra isnt the spokesperson for all black people

He wasnt the only person offended by this

Â