Luis Suarez

maqroll

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

I'm surprised Villa fans are turning their up noses over signing Suarez
Man United are allowed Cavani and Ronaldo. AC Milan are allowed 40 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic to fire them to their first league title for decades. Yet Villa fans don't want Luis Suarez one of the great strikers of our generation who still Uruguay star man. 

True to be fair, you make a sound point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Do they say hello in Spanish by biting?

My Yorkshire Terrier does. Its a sign of affection. 

• Haha 2

If we get this one done then this will be the signing that really makes people sit up and take notice of what we are trying to build here. Coutinho and Suarez, a lot of people who viewed us as making up the numbers will do some research and then find out we have a lot of fiscal firepower to hand. The movement of suarez as part of a front 3 would be an extremely good option for us to have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd imagine our global image will grow massively this season with Suarez and Coutinho our team. Fans around the globe will be taking notice. 
Suarez can fire us into Europe 

Ollie is brilliant at leading the line by himself and making an absolute nuiscance of himself. Touch not so good. Finishing is fairly good but not great . 

If we are going to change to a possession based team which seems likely as we have bought 2 of the best passers in their respective positions and leagues to come in early doors, then with any luck we will not have to rely upon Ollie as much to hold onto the ball and chase lost causes.  And if thats the case we can look at options that are likely to get on the end of passages of play 

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

I'm surprised Villa fans are turning their up noses over signing Suarez
Man United are allowed Cavani and Ronaldo. AC Milan are allowed 40 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic to fire them to their first league title for decades. Yet Villa fans don't want Luis Suarez one of the great strikers of our generation who still Uruguay star man. 

I turned my nose up initially but I now totally agree with you. The more I think about it the more I want him here. It isn’t like he’s going to sign a long contract and it simply cannot hurt to have someone of his calibre here. This isn’t a Pires style nonsense signing, the guy still has it and our youngsters would be thrilled to train alongside him. 

I don’t want him to be our only forward signing though. I want to see Suarez + new + new. Would not be sad at all to see both Watkins and Ings leave. 

Edited by Spoony

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Ollie is brilliant at leading the line by himself and making an absolute nuiscance of himself. Touch not so good. Finishing is fairly good but not great . 

If we are going to change to a possession based team which seems likely as we have bought 2 of the best passers in their respective positions and leagues to come in early doors, then with any luck we will not have to rely upon Ollie as much to hold onto the ball and chase lost causes.  And if thats the case we can look at options that are likely to get on the end of passages of play 

Still feels like Villa have a long way to go to become a possession side. New CB and DM who both can pass is good, but we would also have to press more and play with a high line. I’m curious about how SG sees it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I don't think were signing him, purely on the basis that he's available and we haven't done it yet. The rest of our business is so quick and this wouldn't be complicated.

I think he's waiting on Barcelona as that's his preferred destination. If Barcelona offers, he's theirs. If not, he's ours.

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Still feels like Villa have a long way to go to become a possession side. New CB and DM who both can pass is good, but we would also have to press more and play with a high line. I’m curious about how SG sees it.

We need composure from the midfield. Simply can't be done without it. Without a new number 8 I don't think it'll happen. McGinn is McGinn and Ramsey doesn't have the knack of resting in possession yet.

Buendia and Coutinho often lose the ball softly trying to do something positive when we're really vulnerable.

Kamara will have to show some big balls because he'll be rushed more in the Prem than ever in Ligue 1. He could get caught out a bit early on.

I was pretty against this; then I just watched the video above of his 2021/22 goals.

His finishing is till top notch, and he would put chances away for us no trouble.

Watkins problems are his hold up play, it's really poor at times; although I understand it's not his game playing with his back to goal. Suarez is strong, relentless guy and will be much better at leading the line.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Suarez, Watkins and another being out strikers next season. I feel as though we will allow Ings to go for the right price.Cameron Archer could be the third striker; or we could go the world class route if Gerrard feel's we can play with two in some games.

Â