Luis Suarez

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think we've discussed the Evra incident before on here and reading all about it (his side) it seems more of stupidity on his side as oppose to outright racism.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/26/luis-suarez-am-i-a-racist-no-absolutely-not-i-was-horrified

Do they say hello in Spanish by biting?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s right the window isn’t even officially open yet. Seasons are just ending and he’s probably got a couple of weeks in Bognor Regis with the wife and kids booked before he thinks about signing anything. 

He’s taking advantage of the pre school holiday prices mate. 

• Haha 1

Why is everyone concerned about wages? I’m quite sure those in charge of these things wouldn’t spend want we can’t afford. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I don't think were signing him, purely on the basis that he's available and we haven't done it yet. The rest of our business is so quick and this wouldn't be complicated.

I expect this transfer to now be completed in the next hour 😂

14 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Nice to see a goal compilation video that didn't have European rave music playing way too loud in the background. 😄 No denying he is a great player, but my biggest concern would be that wage. 

He’s taking a big pay cut. I’m guessing we are going to be paying big bonuses for European qualification etc. This is the way it should be imo. Reward success rather than failure.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He was captain when Liverpool arranged their solidarity with racism shirts wasn't he? 

He was club captain but I dont think he played that game as I remember they wheeled out the spitting at kids clearing in the woods Carragher for the interviews

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Pochettino was at Newell’s at the same time as Maradona. I’m pretty sure he would say he’s the best player he’s played with or trained with. Would you want him signed if Poch was manager?😄

I'm not leaning one way or the other on Suarez to be honest mate.

I'm cautious, nout to do with attitude, but money vs. if he is still up to it.

I'd actually rather us either bring back one of our own ( Keinan / Archer ) or get a younger striker in.

If he's the Ashley Young of this season I'll take him. He's a big name, he'll be good to have around the training ground and dressing room but he's also a different kind of striker to Ings and Watkins. 

If Gerrard is trying to create a specific style of football that we won't deviate much from all season we need back-up players who are similar to the starters. I think in a Xmas formation you need a far more mobile striker. 

5 minutes ago, jim said:

I don’t understand, he is clearly moving in that video.

He's moving in the highlight video from this season too (that one is from 20/21)

Highlight video aside thou it was obvious watching him that he's lost a step or 5 from that season to this one. Anyone who watched Atletico must have seen it.

Now that might have been due to lack of effort, some injury or him just being exhausted from playing too much football in the last seasons and not getting enough rest with the stupid schedule and the Copa America. Maybe that knee injury hampered him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not leaning one way or the other on Suarez to be honest mate.

I'm cautious, nout to do with attitude, but money vs. if he is still up to it.

I'd actually rather us either bring back one of our own ( Keinan / Archer ) or get a younger striker in.

I am too but I'm leaning more towards the side of not signing him. I see what he could potentially bring, however there are also the negatives. Can he still do it in this league? I haven't seen him play in a couple of years. The questionable character, although football lost its moral highground a long time ago. And also your final point, willl he block the pathway for younger players to fulfill their potential? I'm not as bothered about that though because if they're good enough they'll make it.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hold on, i've just come on to VT, is this actually happening?

It’s happened … photographs and everything - just cannot be announced yet as Gerrard is away on club duties. We are  just waiting for the plop media team to announce it  tonight to coincide with tonight’s result … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

Â