Luis Suarez

maqroll

12 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Didn't Phil Mcnulty completely bottle some transfer news last year and got pelters for it?

I stand corrected--but I think he said nothing was imminent or there was a lack of interest in Digne and then we signed him the next day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I stand corrected--but I think he said nothing was imminent or there was a lack of interest in Digne and then we signed him the next day.

Ah yes! That was it I dont know why I thought it was before the Ings signing he said there would be no more business also and then we announced Ings the same evening.

22 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No I think he just said it wasn't as close as indicated in media.

Doesn't rubbish everything he says suddenly, as things can change or escalate quickly with transfers 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I hear you're a racist now, Suarez!

Should we all be racist now father? It's just the farm keeps me busy and at the end of the day I just like a cup of tea.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

was Barkley

• 2 weeks later...

If we’re not signing Suarez, how about Cavani?

An experienced CF (who can still finish or be clinical) who was once considered world class would be an asset on a short term deal. Could teach our current crop a thing or two… and maybe bring Watkins’ game on…

I would be happy for us to move Ings on if we can get back what we paid, or near enough. Nothing against him and he has plenty to offer, but it was an expensive and short term signing that looks like it will cost us dearly in the long run and it doesn’t look like we’ll get enough of a return from him to justify the outlay. Kind of disrupted us more than anything and will be harder to shift the longer he stays with us, on a hefty wage.

Prefer us to play with one CF, let Coutinho and Buendia do their thing (and link up with Ramsey) and have a solid base in midfield (another addition would be good, a more physically dominant player to assist Kamara).

Lewandowski? 🤣

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If we’re not signing Suarez, how about Cavani?

An experienced CF (who can still finish or be clinical) who was once considered world class would be an asset on a short term deal. Could teach our current crop a thing or two… and maybe bring Watkins’ game on…

I would be happy for us to move Ings on if we can get back what we paid, or near enough. Nothing against him and he has plenty to offer, but it was an expensive and short term signing that looks like it will cost us dearly in the long run and it doesn’t look like we’ll get enough of a return from him to justify the outlay. Kind of disrupted us more than anything and will be harder to shift the longer he stays with us, on a hefty wage.

Prefer us to play with one CF, let Coutinho and Buendia do their thing (and link up with Ramsey) and have a solid base in midfield (another addition would be good, a more physically dominant player to assist Kamara).

Lewandowski? 🤣

Cavani has openly said he wants to leave the PL

Edited by nick76

Â