Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Just now, The_Steve said:

Bro, he had a knock in training and isn't fully fit.

What about the other games over the last month or so? I'm no disputing he might have had a knock, but the idea he was starting otherwise is laughable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Not as bad as some claim - we've sat too deep and invited too much pressure.

Better from Konsa today, Mings looks solid.

Ings had to score.

Palace are playing well but we are neutralising them on the wings

The way I see it too. But we have to check our spacing and keep hold of possession better second half. Ings really should have bagged that.

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I honestly don't see what SG and his team have brought with them.  We still look like a bunch of individuals that have never played together.

Dreadful

But vs Norwich, Burnley and Liverpool we looked much improved? Harsh. Inconsistent is a better description. I just hope we use our bench, that’s the point of it when players don’t perform.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

One of those games where the gap between midfield and forwards is huge. There’s no link. Full aren’t pushing on for some reason which doesn’t help. This has been an issue for us for ages. 

Really disappointed by Luiz after how good he was mid-week. Still unconvinced by Coutinho. Looks as if he’s playing within himself. At least Emi would be busting his balls. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Danny Ings has been a big problem for us the past 2 games. So many wasted chances. He's been so clinical his whole career, his current strike rate is baffling. 

Yeah that is the third top chance he has blown now in the last 2 games.

Just now, thunderball said:

But vs Norwich, Burnley and Liverpool we looked much improved? Harsh. Inconsistent is a better description. I just hope we use our bench, that’s the ping of it when players don’t perform.

We were inconsistent before they arrived too.  So, what's your point?

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Clean your glasses mate.

People come in to games already decided that McGinn has had a bad game. So take my glasses, shove them up your arse and watch the game with an open mind 👍

• Haha 3