Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

It would be nice if we looked to do something other than hoof it to Watkins. They seem to have space everywhere in our half, we have none in theirs

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Don’t have a stream so not watching - general opinion of us so far?? Best and worse players? 

Don't think I could pick a best. Absolute shite. Haven't had a shot on target, and backs against the wall for much of the game. Ings has missed some promising chances, but has come nowhere close

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Don’t have a stream so not watching - general opinion of us so far?? Best and worse players? 

Really poor generally.

Best player probably Martinez tbh, couple of very tidy saves.

Worst - McGinn, Coutinho.

Can't imagine this is anything remotely close to how Gerrard want's us to play but at the same time I'm not sure what the idea is either. Hopefully he figures it out for next season because this is pants.

Two related problems here...

1. We keep giving the ball away cheaply.

2. We aren't getting the fullbacks forward, in part because we can't hold the ball, in part because they have players pinning them back. This means that Dougie and McGinn have to play very wide, which is leaving a gap in the middle, which means that Coutinho has to come back deep and get the ball, which means that everyone is spaced out too much and it's hard to link up. In the rare stretches when we've gotten the fullbacks forward, we actually haven't looked half bad.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

Can't imagine this is anything remotely close to how Gerrard want's us to play but at the same time I'm not sure what the idea is either. Hopefully he figures it out for next season because this is pants.

What are we good at?