Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Danny Ings has been a big problem for us the past 2 games. So many wasted chances. He's been so clinical his whole career, his current strike rate is baffling. 

I don't think it's helped that he's been in and out this season. At Southampton he's first name on the team sheet  

• Like 3

Just now, CanVillan said:

Watching on DAZN.. they really should make the commentators watch the game they're commentating on.

Mabe they're also watching on one of the streams on Reddit soccer streams.

Stream 1 - La Liga TV

Stream 2 - Leeds v Brighton

Stream 3 - West Ham v Man City

• Like 1

Absolute shite. Martinez, Cash and Digne only players to come out with credit. What do the coaching team actually do?! Talk a good game but what I've seen these last months has been pretty mediocre. Get Chuk and Buendia on for Luiz and either striker. Coutinho hopeless so hook him off for Ramsey. 

Edited by Villa87

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Can’t break them down. Decent enough atmosphere considering the boring game. Needs a spark, I’d get Buendia on for one of the strikers (I have Coutinho as fpl captain!)

Nice to get a description of the atmosphere from someone in the game. Rivers are very deceiving, even legal ones.

• Thanks 1

Just now, a m ole said:

🤔

he’s covering for Nakamba being nowhere all at once 

Possibly, but he has also developed a poor habit of trying to engage contact near the middle of the park, totally mis judging the situation, which is leaving huge spaces for them to run into. 

I like Mings but some games he really doesn't get going. 

Pretty unconvincing from Villa but they still managed to make the two best chances.

Ings needs to put a bit more practise with the banjo and the cow's arse.

The defence are not looking what you might call solid.

Gerrard needs to bring Ramsey on and move coutinho to where he can do more damage.

Wasn't a great performance to say the least, thankful not to be losing, I think we're missing Ramsey's drive in midfield, he also links up better with players around him than our other midfielders do. Would also consider bringing on Buendia for one of the front three.

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

People come in to games already decided that McGinn has had a bad game. So take my glasses, shove them up your arse and watch the game with an open mind 👍

Just to interject - I love McGinn, he played well last week.

He's unequivocally been absolute muck so far today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Absolute shite. Martinez, Cash and Digne only players to come out with credit. What do the coaching team actually do?! Talk a good game but what I've seen these last months has been pretty mediocre. Get Chuk and Buendia on for Luiz and either striker. Coutinho hopeless so hook him off for Ramsey. 

Can't agree about Cash.  Sloppy passing and not getting forward

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I honestly don't see what SG and his team have brought with them.  We still look like a bunch of individuals that have never played together.

Dreadful

Yep.

15 minutes of hustle bustle.

Then through balls for Ollie to chase.

That's our tactics.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

People come in to games already decided that McGinn has had a bad game. So take my glasses, shove them up your arse and watch the game with an open mind 👍

They definitely won't be clean then. I have watched it with an open mind but attacks are breaking down with him, constantly turning back and allowing them to reset. He's been ok defensively but has been lucky to avoid a booking. 👍

Edited by sparrow1988