Pre match thread

mottaloo

And people wonder why Targett was so determined to leave once Digne came in? The understudies don't stand a chance. Can't see any kind of harmony in that squad with this do well get dropped play poorly stay in approach.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well they are in very good form, have a couple of World Class players, and a World Class Manager.

However, I'm mostly dreading it due to you lot. Lol

I bet some people already have their post match rants written and just waiting to hit enter.

I will be out but I have set up an alghoritm to post at certain times 😉

65 minutes for example still McGinn is on the pitch 😜

• Haha 2

Just now, useless said:

If this was a pre Gerrard game we'd have post after post declaring it a 'free hit'.

Potentially yes, but Spurs weren't far ahead of us a few weeks back and the club has been stoking the 'chasing Europe soon' narrative for a while now. 

Couple that with removing a fan-loved figure head like Dean and it's easy to see why expectations are rising and less emotional-ties to temper them when we don't succeed.

I'd consider Liverpool, City and most probably Chelsea as free hits.

Whether it's the club's actions (ESR transfer, actual noise about Europe from Purslow, Gerrard and the players I.e. Mings) or just fan built expectations with the money spent - we shouldn't be seeing Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham or Leicester as Free Hits. (Nor this season's Man U, albeit they'll be a different beast at some point)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Just popping in the forum. Not read any posts yet. How wet is the bed at this point?

The Aquaman Movie Uses Water, But Not Nearly As Much As You Think |  Cinemablend

I've seen 1 person say " Come on Spurs! We ain't going down but we need a new Manager " after a preceding rant about the team selection.

So not too bad.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

I don't agree that today's game is a 'free hit' I don't think that of any game, just saying that when Smith was manager these type of games were described as such.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

I bet anyone 38 finest Earth pence that Gerrard drops Sanson and Bailey in favour of Ings and Luiz. More shockingly slow, narrow, football to follow.

Lets hope no-one falls on their arse during the lead up to a goal this time.

someone owes me 38 pence

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Aquaman Movie Uses Water, But Not Nearly As Much As You Think |  Cinemablend

I've seen 1 person say " Come on Spurs! We ain't going down but we need a new Manager " after a preceding rant about the team selection.

So not too bad.

Nice. I wonder if some people might not enjoy cricket or darts more than football.

Not going to be happy if its another meek surrender to a side above us

We had plenty of shockers under Smith against the better teams, but we also had a good number of results where we really had a go

So far under Gerrard we haven't laid a finger on them in any game

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't agree that today's game is a 'free hit' I don't think that of any game, just saying that when Smith was manager these type of games were described as such.

When Smith was manager we were a Championship team for 1 season and relegation fodder the next. The one season we were half decent, we actually won this fixture.