Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Just now, Herman22 said:

It’s still in the centre of the goal! He should be saving shots in the centre of the goal! 

He’d already committed. He’s been wobbly for sure but that just wasn’t his fault. He can’t change the laws of physics 

• Like 1

Watkins is seriously pissing me off. Whenever the ball goes near him it is as if the ball is stuck in cement - it just stops dead. He's killing all our attacks. I'd personally take off JJ today and put Watkins out wide left with Ings going down the middle. Watkins will have more space against Trippier and get the ball to feet more than to his head. Put Coutinho through the centre behind Ings and keep getting him on the ball. 

• Like 2

We’ve finally got some options at Villa and we keep sticking with the same 11 every week, Sanson must be totally bemused why he can’t seem to get a look in. Watkins has been off form nearly all season and our 1 in 2 strikers continues to warm to bench, very confused to be honest.

• Like 1

Just now, brummybloke said:

Mings doing a mings, again.

Don't know what SG can do, pretend someone has concussion to change 4 players as they are dog dirt at the moment 

That was 100% on Martinez. He was never winning that and Mings couldn’t take any chances. Had to get something on it. 

Just now, Villarocker said:

Watkins is seriously pissing me off. Whenever the ball goes near him it is as if the ball is stuck in cement - it just stops dead. He's killing all our attacks. I'd personally take off JJ today and put Watkins out wide left with Ings going down the middle. Watkins will have more space against Trippier and get the ball to feet more than to his head. Put Coutinho through the centre behind Ings and keep getting him on the ball. 

He’s done this all season. I’m utterly amazed he’s still playing. It’s like our attack having to play with a handicap 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

In Buendia and Coutinho we have great creativity, but we lack pace. I’d be tempted to bring Bailey on for Watkins and play him through the center. 

The biggest problem however is the midfield. Maybe a first appearance for the young lad? (I’m not even going try and spell his name)

I'd add to that by saying I think Bailey just might give us that tenacity we've woefull been lacking in nay on most of our games under both Smith and Gerrard. We simple are too much of a soft touch.

• Like 1