Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

I don't like the kits, but if it was left to me our kit would look like this.......

3544.jpg

Our proper shades of claret and blue. Not our modern purple and pale light blue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure the new kits will look a lot better when they are modelled by the players and professionally photographed, but can't help but be very disappointed by these.

The home is fine, but I don't see any real bespoke details or any any design elements that derive from the identity of the Club. This is something that Kappa seemed to work really hard on. The loss of the textured badge is also really sad. Is this a cost cutting thing I wonder?

I also feel Kappa struck a really nice balance between tradition for the older fans and more daring designs that younger fans could wear as 'streetwear'. The third is a stab at that I suppose, but it seems to be a generic pattern and colour choices. As a set, it all just looks really bland to me. 

Good old Cazoo though, at least they let us change the colour of their logo to suit the kits.

They feel like kits from 5-10 years ago to me. Major step backwards. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

whoever pays the most money

is what it is

wolves dropped adidas for castore too, thats the benchmark, hopefully our deal is higher than theirs

We have to sell shirts too though and be profitable in that way.

Not gonna sell many of these I reckon.

Of course they will sell.

Quite like the blue one by the way. The sleeves on the home kit look weird, like a bib, but I suspect it will look better on the players as always. Third kit is quite fine just doesn't compare to the black from last season which is actually one of my favourites of recent times.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Of course they will sell.

Quite like the blue one by the way. The sleeves on the home kit look weird, like a bib, but I suspect it will look better on the players as always. Third kit is quite fine just doesn't compare to the black from last season which is actually one of my favourites of recent times.

Well I know I'm not the only one that was thinking about buying a new shirt next season who has now decided he's definitely not.

Lost revenue is lost revenue, scale that up to a few thousand people who don't want to wear Castore shit and it starts to hurt business.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

We have to sell shirts too though and be profitable in that way.

Not gonna sell many of these I reckon.

Countinho in the home shirt will make sales don’t worry 

5 hours ago, Wurzel said:

I don't like the kits, but if it was left to me our kit would look like this.......

3544.jpg

Perfect in almost every way. I always hoped for an old Adidas trifoil logo version with 3 claret stripes on the sleeves.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Anecdotal evidence, and these people haven't even seen it modelled properly yet. Or in fact officially announced.

Of course it's anecdotal evidence, this is a discussion forum, not a profit/loss audit 🙄

But two supporters who often buy shirts have told you they're not interested in this one. There will be many many more. Whatever, I'm sure Purslow will manage to spin this deal to make himself look good.

Edited by est1874

I’m not going to say I won’t buy any of them. Of course I’ll wait to see how they look on a person first but first impressions aren’t the best. They just look cheap and boring but hopefully my mind is changed once we see them modelled and in professional photos. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Of course it's anecdotal evidence, this is a discussion forum, not a profit/loss audit 🙄

But two supporters who often buy shirts have told you they're not interested in this one. There will be many many more. Whatever, I'm sure Purslow will manage to spin this deal to make himself look good.

Ok well I never normally buy a shirt but I'm going to buy 2. There will be many more.

Edited by fightoffyour

I think you have to factor in the entire range of products not just the kits, that for me is why kappa seemingly went scattergun with a huge training kit range, they'll get you to buy something and from what I've seen for rangers at least castore are even bigger

Said before kappa didn't sell a villa hoodie, they only sold one baseball cap and I think two woolly hats

It doesn't just have to be the kit that you buy, it just has to be in the club shop and like kappa I think some of the range will appeal to me even if the kits don't, I only bought 1 kappa kit and that was this year's home shirt for £30 in the sale, I've got about 5 training tops though (I still play...)