Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

41 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Honestly, the way we operate lately, signing Neymar would not be so far fetched. He's best mates with Coutinho..Carlos, Luiz, the 2 Argies...all potentially very attractive to him. The best league in the world...

Its seriously far fetched 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Its seriously far fetched 

Yeah, you're probably right. There'd be a big fee. And massive wage demands. Fun daydream though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yeah, you're probably right. There'd be a big fee. And massive wage demands. Fun daydream though!

I wouldn’t even want him tbh. Overhyped, would basically command to be bigger than the club, too expensive, total knob. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I think the bigger problem is that he is 30. The fans wouldn't accept him and would be demanding Gerrard's head on a stake for signing old players and becoming the next Everton

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Re Neymar erm:

I think PSG will have trouble shifting him. Injury prone. His on pitch antics can disrupt his own team as well as the opposition. Plus he has never been at the top table with Messi and Ronadlo.

For a club like ours, he would be an amazing signing. But for the clubs he would go to, they don't need him. I think the prem would break him for good though.

Is this our first summer window we are not sniffing around the Championship for players? 

I suppose it makes the difference that we are now supplying the Championship with good players from our own system. No transfer needed 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Is this our first summer window we are not sniffing around the Championship for players? 

I suppose it makes the difference that we are now supplying the Championship with good players from our own system. No transfer needed 

There isn't that much quality in the championship this year compared to the last few. 

• Like 1

Reports of teams trying to sign pensioners today:

Man U - Kante 31

Tottenham - Ivan Perisic, 33

Juventus - Angel di Maria, 34

They haven't received the memo...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Could this lot generate 40 - 50 mill? Or way too optimistic?

Matt Targett, Morgan Sanson, Bertrand Traore, Anwar El Ghazi, Trezeguet & Kortney Hause are likely to be available for transfer this summer. 

(JPercyTelegraph)

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Reports of teams trying to sign pensioners today:

Man U - Kante 31

Tottenham - Ivan Perisic, 33

Juventus - Angel di Maria, 34

They haven't received the memo...

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Matt Targett, Morgan Sanson, Bertrand Traore, Anwar El Ghazi, Trezeguet & Kortney Hause are likely to be available for transfer this summer. 

(JPercyTelegraph)

Easily imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jim said:

Easily imo. 

If Sanson goes, I wonder if Doug stays?

A shame for Sanson, but I would mind this scenario.

Doug and McGinnn battle it out for 8?

Edit: I wonder if Doug is doing the " run down your contract " tactic though, in view of a big payday in a year.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

(JPercyTelegraph)

They're worth about that, but selling them is a different matter. Clubs outside the PL prefer loans as they don't have the finances. I don't see anyone paying to take bench players, but if they did it would low ball offers for the cheap ones like Elghazi, Trez and Hause. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They're worth about that, but selling them is a different matter. Clubs outside the PL prefer loans as they don't have the finances. I don't see anyone paying to take bench players, but if they did it would low ball offers for the cheap ones like Elghazi, Trez and Hause. 

To be fair, out side of questionably Anwar and Trez, those are quality players who are capable in higher leagues. Could actually do jobs for PL teams as well.

Don't get me wrong, on Anwar, he's capable, jaut extremely inconsistent, and Trez is Trez. Lol

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

(JPercyTelegraph)

Yes they could generate that if all sold