Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If we have the usual size budget the owners have given us I don't see why we can't sign a full back of high quality for both sides.

We shouldn’t have to pay for the other team’s players! 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He's played one season in a joke league at 21 years of age, no way would I spend more money on him than the price for Borna Sosa or Owen Wjindal 

A couple of the best full backs in the PL came from said " joke league " ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A couple of the best full backs in the PL came from said " joke league " ?

Great, doesn't mean he is one or justifies anywhere near that media price. I wouldn't even give them 10m

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Diego Carlos was 40 - 50 mill " media price " .

We paid 33 mill for a striker who was a winger from the Championship.

I'm leaning more towards the " If the board and manager think he is worth an investment then get him " camp.

From the one match ( admittedly ) against Bendesliga opposition I saw i was very impressed with him. SG also knows him very well.

Didn't Arsenal pay something like 27 mill for Tierney?

I don't think , if we are even in for him, it would be at the media price anyway to be fair. Possibly add ons and bonuses etc.

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/player_comparison.cgi?request=1&sum=0&comp_type=by_type&dom_lg=1&spec_comps=big_5&player_id1=af0d79a9&p1yrfrom=2021-2022&player_id2=a36524bf

Sosa pisses all over him 

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

If we sign Bassey then that's LB covered and we still have Guilbert and Kesler Hayden who could cover at RB. 

Plus Chambers and Konsa.

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Ok fair enough but the part in bold is not true. Off the ball he is a **** monster for Roma, he runs himself into the ground every single time he pulls on the shirt, the press starts with him and Mou makes him work to death up there. He's asked to come off and been told to stay on when he's obviously knackered a couple of times,, Mourinho clearly sees him as key to how Roma play without the ball. He also creates space for others and has good interplay in and around the box. He is a lot more than a goal poacher, agreed he's not going to become a number 10 anytime soon but he really is not just a tap in merchant and nothing else.

As a Villa fan in Italy following Roma - I can't understate how much of the bit in bold Tammy has done this season.  I have been really impressed with how well Tammy links up with others in and around the box.  He may not have many direct assists but if you were to analyse how many goals Tammy has played a crucial part in then it would be a significant number.  In that respect I'd expect that Buendia / Coutinho / JJ would pick up a lot of goals in a similar way.  I do think that Tammy is far more aware of where his team-mates are than Ollie is and holds the ball up a hell of a lot better too.  Unfortunately I can't see him ending up at Villa next season - shame because he would be almost perfect for the way it looks like we will be trying to play.  I wanted him here last summer even though it was clear that Smith valued a pressing forward rather than a striker.  Our need now is much more for a striker - but as @romavillansays - Tammy has put in a real shift in a lot of matches this season and isn't just a poacher hanging around the edge of the box waiting for a chance to come his way. 

Edited by allani
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Fundamentals like being able to control a ball and pass it 5 yards to a teammate? Give me Tammy over Watkins all day every day where that’s concerned.

In fact, there’s only one aspect I could say confidently that Watkins is better at and that’s work rate and pressing off the ball, that’s it. Tammy is clearly a naturally gifted player, his first touch shows that, Watkins has to think hard about everything he does on the pitch and is clearly not a naturally gifted player (as shown by his first touch).

We paid £30m for Watkins, it would cost £50m+ for Tammy, is there really that much added value? He matched `Tammy last season. Still can’t get past Tammys goal per opportunity ratio, Watkins is far from perfect but he is more versatile. Would much rather spend on someone else, there is barely anything between the two of them so as one already plays for us what’s the point?

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

Wish we would sign Jonathan David … 

front 3 of David, Coutihno & Buendia 😍

His Ligue Un record isnt great. He ia very streaky and not consistent at all

5 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Not much point Guilbert being at the club anymore is there, feels like he’s been here forever without actually being here.

Nothing compared to Kalinic 😂

At least Guilbert played 

Honestly, the way we operate lately, signing Neymar would not be so far fetched. He's best mates with Coutinho..Carlos, Luiz, the 2 Argies...all potentially very attractive to him. The best league in the world...

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Honestly, the way we operate lately, signing Neymar would not be so far fetched. He's best mates with Coutinho..Carlos, Luiz, the 2 Argies...all potentially very attractive to him. The best league in the world...

spacer.png

• Haha 2