Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

I think it’s about right, we should be looking for around £20m for Targett IMO, although rumours of closer to £15m. £5-10m for the rest, Sanson and Traore at the upper end, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Hause at the lower end.

Also get the sense Luiz will be off, around £20-25m I’d expect with Roma reportedly interested.

Of course as others have said, some might have to be loaned out which would put a dent in the money received.

Trez and AEG realistically will be loaned out again. Or paid up.

Targett we should get our money back on again really. I don't see us squeezing a profit.

Sanson and Traore have barely kicked a ball in a year- 18 months- again i don't see anyone dropping a fee for them and commiting a contract on PL salary they are on at the minute.

Read somewhere on Le Twit that owners are funding 126m in xfer spending this summer...not sure if they meant in addition to the 38m already spent or not. But either way it suggests we'll see a few more huge signings.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Read somewhere on Le Twit that owners are funding 126m in xfer spending this summer...not sure if they meant in addition to the 38m already spent or not. But either way it suggests we'll see a few more huge signings.

yep, i got the feeling listening to Gerrard on BT yesterday that there is quite a bit more business to be done this summer

35 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Spending big on fees would contradict the theory that SG plans to sign a bunch of 30-35 year olds. Typically you don’t have to pay large fees for those, even if their salaries are high. So if true that could mean a couple of younger players incoming.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

41 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Spending big on fees would contradict the theory that SG plans to sign a bunch of 30-35 year olds. Typically you don’t have to pay large fees for those, even if their salaries are high. So if true that could mean a couple of younger players incoming.

We haven’t been able to make a good resale value for even some of our young signings. Which is shame. Atleast with Phil and Diego we bought them without an intent of keeping a resale value. 

I think the club need to know when to take an action and sell. Not selling El Ghazi last summer was one of the worse decisions (unless he didn’t have buyers which I doubt).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We haven’t been able to make a good resale value for even some of our young signings. Which is shame. Atleast with Phil and Diego we bought them without an intent of keeping a resale value. 

I think the club need to know when to take an action and sell. Not selling El Ghazi last summer was one of the worse decisions (unless he didn’t have buyers which I doubt).

How many clubs put a bid in for AEG? 

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I don’t know but from what we used to read there were couple. Whenever a player isn’t wanted the its hard to negotiate. Thats once you know the player isn’t in you future plans sell before putting him on the bench. It was clear he won’t have a future after last summer.

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We were pretty open to sell him but I get the feeling after you know who left and Bailey started getting injured we decided to keep him due to lack of options on the left. 

He started the first two games of last season I think.

30 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I don't know how many put in a bid last summer, but if Nottingham comes up, I think he fits with the way they play, so let's all hype up how important he was to us staying in the Premier League and drive up the price.

Seeing as it is dead around here today, why don’t we put down our wish lists for transfers since we have signed a few players.

assume you have 100m to spend NET so you have 57 million to spend plus sales.

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Seeing as it is dead around here today, why don’t we put down our wish lists for transfers since we have signed a few players.

Make Olsen permanent

Basssey in Target and Hause out 

Bissouma in, Ings, AEG And Trez out

Suarez and Nketiah free

Gilbert out

Davies and archer out on loan

Just now, paul514 said:

For my initial money I am going for full backs.

Borna Sosa from Stuttgar and Max Aarons from Norwich which I think you could get for 45 million combined.

Next I will have Bissouma for 30m so I need to raise 18m

Assuming they were all sold I’d sell/release.

hourihane, young, Wesley, Guilbert, Trez, AEG, Davis, Sanson, Nakamba and Hause.

I think that lot would raise 50 million

so 32 left to spend 

I don’t think Luiz and Chuk will sign new deals so I’d take 30m combined for those two.

taking it to 62m left to spend but being light in midfield so I’ll take Koopmeiners from Atalanta for 25m

37m left and with the defence and midfield looking strong then I’d either sell Mings or Konsa and buy a replacement or go for a striker.

In this fanciful situation I think I’d like to see how the defence goes because of the new midfielders that have been purchased.

I think I would drop it on the apparent next big thing in Hugo Ekitike from Reims who I think is supposed to be available for 30 or 35m.

10 minutes ago, Adman said:

Make Olsen permanent

Basssey in Target and Hause out 

Bissouma in, Ings, AEG And Trez out

Suarez and Nketiah free

Gilbert out

Davies and archer out on loan

I forgot about Targett 😂 ah well it’s all bollocks anyway 🤪

I'm now wondering if not buying Ekitike and selling Ings and Targett gets me a Darwin Nunez 

Edited by paul514