Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tammy looks better physically, based on what I saw in the last match, haven't watched him at Roma aside from in that final.

What I'm more interested to know though, is what his finishing is like, because as others have noted, he used to miss chances galore for us.

It's not a physicality problem we really have with our current strikers IMO ( Then again, somethines we do ), it's more of a finishing problem.

An argument could be made that a more physical striker would allow for others to get more goals. However if that's the case, got to say in blaspheme, we already own Keinan Davis!

So IMO if it's not a clinical finisher/goalscorer we are getting in, what's the point?

I watch as much Serie A as I do the Premier League.

He's still Tammy for the most part. He's a poacher first and foremost who makes his living in front of the goal, but doesn't offer a whole lot elsewhere. Between Serie A and the Conference League he scored 26 goals on 27.04 xG. In Serie A it was 17 on 19.15 and in the Conference League it was 9 on 7.89.

Here's his shot chart.

Tammy Shots.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

£25m Sounds like a very steep price for a defender with 1 season (granted successful) in the SPL and a bunch of Premier League 2 games on his merit list

I agree - we’ve proven ourselves to be sage negotiators so if we are in for him, I imagine we could probably negotiate it to around £15-£20m. Especially if we can shift the likes of Targett

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

I agree - we’ve proven ourselves to be sage negotiators so if we are in for him, I imagine we could probably negotiate it to around £15-£20m. Especially if we can shift the likes of Targett

Equal money for Targett out and Bassey in would be OK perhaps. Obviously those deals are separate things.

According to Transfermarkt Tierny is the record sale from the SPL on €27m followed by Dembele on €22m.

Bassey seems quite unproven to command a fee anywhere close to that but then again you can't fault Rangers for wanting as much as possible for their players.

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Literally played one season in that position in a pub league. Hard to justify that insane price tag

Agreed.

However, bare in mind, Gerrard knows him very well, he brought him from Leicester, so will know if he is up to it or not.

If i'm honest, I kind of baulked at the figures we were initially being quoted for Ollie, from the Championship, but Dean Smith really wanted him, and I think that was actually his first season as a striker as well!

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

MaVilla, you don’t rate Robin Olsen?

he's ok, but we havent signed him have we?, so i guess he will be that backup goalkeeper signing? (i was just stating we havent technically signed one yet - Olsen or not).

• Thanks 1

Just now, paul514 said:

Full backs, we only have one for each side 

i would keep Guilbert as backup RB for this season prob, i would prefer we spent our money elsewhere right now (and he can add to the French contingent to help Kamara settle.....).

Or we sell Guilbert and bring a cheapish RB in.

We prob do need a backup left back ur right, but is Young doing another year!?, dunno?

I agree Young isnt ideal, but if he does sign for another year, not sure where else he would be useful, if he doesnt, then yeah, we need another LB.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he's ok, but we havent signed him have we?, so i guess he will be that backup goalkeeper signing? (i was just stating we havent technically signed one yet - Olsen or not).

I forgot it was only a loan, sorry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i would keep Guilbert as backup RB for this season prob, i would prefer we spent our money elsewhere right now (and he can add to the French contingent to help Kamara settle.....).

Or we sell Guilbert and bring a cheapish RB in.

We prob do need a backup left back ur right, but is Young doing another year!?, dunno?

I agree Young isnt ideal, but if he does sign for another year, not sure where else he would be useful, if he doesnt, then yeah, we need another LB.

I think Kessler Hayden could be great back up for Cash

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Kessler Hayden could be great back up for Cash

i would prefer KKH getting a full year at a championship side to continue his development, rather than bit part backup to Cash, tbh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i would prefer KKH getting a full year at a championship side to continue his development, rather than bit part backup to Cash, tbh.

He signed a new 5 year contract recently, so he’s clearly in our plans, I think you could be right as regards a loan to The Championship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I watch as much Serie A as I do the Premier League.

He's still Tammy for the most part. He's a poacher first and foremost who makes his living in front of the goal, but doesn't offer a whole lot elsewhere. Between Serie A and the Conference League he scored 26 goals on 27.04 xG. In Serie A it was 17 on 19.15 and in the Conference League it was 9 on 7.89.

Here's his shot chart.

Tammy Shots.jpg

Ok fair enough but the part in bold is not true. Off the ball he is a **** monster for Roma, he runs himself into the ground every single time he pulls on the shirt, the press starts with him and Mou makes him work to death up there. He's asked to come off and been told to stay on when he's obviously knackered a couple of times,, Mourinho clearly sees him as key to how Roma play without the ball. He also creates space for others and has good interplay in and around the box. He is a lot more than a goal poacher, agreed he's not going to become a number 10 anytime soon but he really is not just a tap in merchant and nothing else.

• Like 2