Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tammy looks better physically, based on what I saw in the last match, haven't watched him at Roma aside from in that final.

What I'm more interested to know though, is what his finishing is like, because as others have noted, he used to miss chances galore for us.

It's not a physicality problem we really have with our current strikers IMO ( Then again, somethines we do ), it's more of a finishing problem.

An argument could be made that a more physical striker would allow for others to get more goals. However if that's the case, got to say in blaspheme, we already own Keinan Davis!

So IMO if it's not a clinical finisher/goalscorer we are getting in, what's the point?

Dont look at his XG 😂

• Sad 1

I don’t understand the negativity towards Tammy Abraham on here. He’s been before albeit on loan and was excellent, wherever he’s been, he’s scored goals. Yes, he does miss chances but what striker doesn’t? I would be ecstatic if we signed him, I’ve always rated him, he’s a goalscorer. The news of the link today pleases me, I don’t know why Chelsea got rid of him in the first place. It could be another ‘Martinez’ move by us i.e a top 6 club not wanting one of their players and us signing him and him going on to be excellent for us in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sir Gary, is there any player you don't think is " outstanding " or " excellent " though?

You'd make one of the nicest and most encouraging coaches ever! lol

No, there isn’t, especially with Abraham, his enthusiasm is infectious and it rubs off on his teammates 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No, there isn’t, especially with Abraham, his enthusiasm is infectious and it rubs off on his teammates 

Is he the clinical finisher that we need to take us to the next level and then challenge for Champions League. I think our next striker needs to be that person

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is he the clinical finisher that we need to take us to the next level and then challenge for Champions League. I think our next striker needs to be that person

I think we are quite far from challenging for the Champion’s League personally but who knows how the new signings that we have made already will fit in?  

59 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wish we would sign Jonathan David … 

front 3 of David, Coutihno & Buendia 😍

Barely better than Watkins in literally any metric, and in most, worse. 

EDIT: He is young though, so could improve a lot I suppose, but not like Ollie is 32 or something. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Tammy is 6ft 3, quicker over 10 yards, has way better technique with the ball at his feet and is useful in defending corners, I'd argue he's got better shooting boots too.

I really like Ollie, but I feel Tammy is better overall.

Ollie is much better at pressing though, and running into channels, because of his superior athleticism.

Tammy is 6'3 but doesn't hold it up as well.  Is definitely slower over any distance compared to ollie. Ollie is superior to Tammy in most areas, only anticipation and sniffing out chance is Tammy really better. He has done well in Italy, but he a Ollie are both at a similar level. Serie A is simply a weaker league.

55 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Barely better than Watkins in literally any metric, and in most, worse. 

EDIT: He is young though, so could improve a lot I suppose, but not like Ollie is 32 or something. 

He looks ALOT more skillfull/composed than Ollie, and a better finisher, just going off that video to be fair.

However again, as I say, people who know more than me all compare him to Ollie.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sir Gary, is there any player you don't think is " outstanding " or " excellent " though?

You'd make one of the nicest and most encouraging coaches ever! lol

Jack Grealish last season and we lambasted him for it. He was well ahead of the curve.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Jack Grealish last season and we lambasted him for it. He was well ahead of the curve.

Opinions change in life not just football, Grealish is still a fantastic player, the best I’ve seen in a Villa shirt. He hasn’t fitted in straight away at Man City but just give him time, he will show his true capabilities 

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Opinions change in life not just football, Grealish is still a fantastic player, the best I’ve seen in a Villa shirt. He hasn’t fitted in straight away at Man City but just give him time, he will show his true capabilities 

He will come good…..unless his lack of professionalism gets in the way. With Alvarez and Haaland added to Foden and Mahrez he’s currently 6th choice for 3 spots assuming sterling stays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

He will come good…..unless his lack of professionalism gets in the way. With Alvarez and Haaland added to Foden and Mahrez he’s currently 6th choice for 3 spots assuming sterling stays.

What makes you think he has a lack of professionalism?

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Wish we would sign Jonathan David … 

front 3 of David, Coutihno & Buendia 😍

High potential but I don’t think he will reach it.

just a feeling 

he’s been in the press a number of times this last season for getting hammered, cheating on his mrs and there were loads of red flags going off re how pissed he was celebrating the league win. 

He clearly has a problem with alcohol and needs to get that resolved if he’s ever going to really reach his potential.

• Like 1

BBC Gossip column

Former Rangers chairman Paul Murray says the club need to sell some of their top players this summer - with Calvin Bassey linked with a £25m move to Aston Villa - to give manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst the funds to rebuild the team to attempt to reclaim the Scottish title. (Scottish Daily Express)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

BBC Gossip column

£25m Sounds like a very steep price for a defender with 1 season (granted successful) in the SPL and a bunch of Premier League 2 games on his merit list