Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

If Tammy was £50mill, I'd sign him in a heart beat. 

I was thinking yesterday about who else we could get. Because a lot of clubs play with 1 striker, there isn't a massive pool of talent in that position to choose from, hence any decent strikers value being extortionate. 

If you look back to the mid-late 90s there was a huge array of strikers to pick from, not just in the Prem but throughout Europe. 

I think we already have one of the best finishers in the Prem, Ings, in our squad. He's just not got firing on all cylinders for us - we've seen glimpses now and again - and I'd be very interested to see his output over 10-15 games, starting up top alone, with Coutinho and Buendia supplying him. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For all the stick Jose gets.

One thing is, his players do seem to always love him!

Luke Shaw says hello :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Well his contract is ending with Bayern, only featured fifteen odd times for them last season. Man utd, Arsenal and Newcastle all said to be interested.

The press says he's considering an extension offer at Bayern now, but if he's looking at offers, why not us?

He's been injured loads since joining them.

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Well his contract is ending with Bayern, only featured fifteen odd times for them last season. Man utd, Arsenal and Newcastle all said to be interested.

The press says he's considering an extension offer at Bayern now, but if he's looking at offers, why not us?

Because he is too injury prone. 25 starts in 4 seasons is terrible 

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I think we already have one of the best finishers in the Prem, Ings, in our squad. He's just not got firing on all cylinders for us - we've seen glimpses now and again - and I'd be very interested to see his output over 10-15 games, starting up top alone, with Coutinho and Buendia supplying him. 

Hasn’t Ings when successful (Burnley, Southampton) usually played with a strike partner?

Tammy looks better physically, based on what I saw in the last match, haven't watched him at Roma aside from in that final.

What I'm more interested to know though, is what his finishing is like, because as others have noted, he used to miss chances galore for us.

It's not a physicality problem we really have with our current strikers IMO ( Then again, somethines we do ), it's more of a finishing problem.

An argument could be made that a more physical striker would allow for others to get more goals. However if that's the case, got to say in blaspheme, we already own Keinan Davis!

So IMO if it's not a clinical finisher/goalscorer we are getting in, what's the point?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tammy looks better physically, based on what I saw in the last match, haven't watched him at Roma aside from in that final.

What I'm more interested to know though, is what his finishing is like, because as others have noted, he used to miss chances galore for us.

It's not a physicality problem we really have with our current strikers IMO ( Then again, somethines we do ), it's more of a finishing problem.

An argument could be made that a more physical striker would allow for others to get more goals. However if that's the case, got to say in blaspheme, we already own Keinan Davis!

So IMO if it's not a clinical finisher/goalscorer we are getting in, what's the point?

100% agree with this. Our next striker must be clinical. Given the noticeable increase in quality we are now buying I fully expect our next striker to have a 'Wow' Effect with the Villa fans. I am not ruling out selling Ollie for 40m+ this summer and adding another 30m+ to that to get Darwin Nunez. :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thunderball said:

I am not sure Tammy is any better than Watkins, this was what we all satisfied ourselves with when both were around in the PL. Watkins seemed to have a better all round game as well as the goals with both head and feet, and Tammy was more of a static ‘in the box’ player who needed about 10 shots per goal. Serie A is a lot slower than the PL, maybe he’s found his groove, but maybe Watkins would equally shine if he went there? I think there is a rose tinted view of Tammy here, yes he is having a purple patch but don’t forget the fundamentals.

Fundamentals like being able to control a ball and pass it 5 yards to a teammate? Give me Tammy over Watkins all day every day where that’s concerned.

In fact, there’s only one aspect I could say confidently that Watkins is better at and that’s work rate and pressing off the ball, that’s it. Tammy is clearly a naturally gifted player, his first touch shows that, Watkins has to think hard about everything he does on the pitch and is clearly not a naturally gifted player (as shown by his first touch).

Tammy is 6ft 3, quicker over 10 yards, has way better technique with the ball at his feet and is useful in defending corners, I'd argue he's got better shooting boots too.

I really like Ollie, but I feel Tammy is better overall.

Ollie is much better at pressing though, and running into channels, because of his superior athleticism.

• Like 2