Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I know this doesn’t really need saying but when did the Birmingham mail last break a story first! 

fwiw I’d be in favour think Tammy is a great player and still has a point to prove in the PL with a club that really backs him. 

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

When was the last time the mail actually broke a transfer story that actually was true?

They said last summer Grealish was definitely staying then Preece went on a rant when he left :D 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I see this pop up every now and again. Christ, it’s bad. At the time, I didn’t think it was, but my god, that’s a dreadful side.

Thats the problem with regression, it creeps up on you.....we had been regressing for years.

right now, we seem ruthless, but in truth just getting back to where we was.

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

When was the last time the mail actually broke a transfer story that actually was true?

2001 I reckon.

Stefan Postma from De Graafschap.

The Abraham story isn't a Birmingham Mail exclusive, they've got it from 90min website in an article written by Greame Bailey, the main jist of it is that Roma are offering him a contract, we're mentioned along with Arsenal and Newcastle as asking about his availability but says we quickly learned that he's happy working under Mourinho.

• Like 1

If we could get Tammy back using Luiz plus some money...it would just be incredible.

I think possibly the very best striker we could get for the outlay. All others would come with various risks.

1 hour ago, useless said:

It's a bad side relative to what we have now, but that line-up for the Sheffield Wednesday game isn't that bad by championship standards, at least for the time, Gollini, Westwood, Ayew, Amavi, and Grealish went on to have careers playing top flight football, Elphick had just captained Bournemouth to promotion, Hutton and Cissokho were experience Premier League players, and Gested and McCormack were proven goal scorers at championship level, even Gary Gardner had been decent on his loans to championship clubs.

Of course some of those players' careers went pretty much down hill from there, but the perception of them was different at the time.

It's not the list of players that's bad, there are some very good players in that side. It's the fact that they were an absolutely awful team.

Birmingam Mail took this quote

and make this headline out of it 'Aston Villa make 'contact' over potential Tammy Abraham transfer return', they've done a lot worse in terms of clickbait, but it's still pretty much clickbait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Birmingam Mail took this quote

and make this headline out of it 'Aston Villa make 'contact' over potential Tammy Abraham transfer return', they've done a lot worse in terms of clickbait, but it's still pretty much clickbait.

Good, Tammy should stay in Italy. He'll thrive there for a long time.

• Like 1