Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Just because he played on the left side for sevilla doesn't mean he can't play on the right for us. He is right footed after all. 

Yea he could and he is right footed, I'm just saying I can see why some people would think it is Mings on the block given his position for Sevilla

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I know he is left sided (but right footed), I am not sure what the response meant in relation to my comment? 

Nothing, I quoted the wrong person

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Birmingam Mail took this quote

and make this headline out of it 'Aston Villa make 'contact' over potential Tammy Abraham transfer return', they've done a lot worse in terms of clickbait, but it's still pretty much clickbait.

It is too late, should have signed him last summer.

If we were to spend 70 million on a forward then there is loads of others to try for.

He was a good buy at 33m not so much at 70

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

If we were to spend 70 million on a forward then there is loads of others to try for.

Darwin Nunez :)

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Darwin Nunez :)

Is one such example, yes.

There aren't many strikers who cost more than 70 million.

I would love Tammy back but 70m lets you reconsider who the best man might be.

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

In the Championship Watkins can score 25 goals, in the PL he gets about 12 a season. Tammy scores 17 in Serie A, Tammy gets 17. I wonder what that would equate to in the PL 🤔

Depends who you play for really, he got even more for Bristol.

I think he guarantees at least 15 for us in the league.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That would be way too much for Tammy. But I think Chelsea has a buy back clause of 64m so that would limit the price he could go for. If Roma looked for much above that we could just ask Chelsea to buy him back and sell him to us and give them a facilitating fee

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

That would be way too much for Tammy. But I think Chelsea has a buy back clause of 64m so that would limit the price he could go for. If Roma looked for much above that we could just ask Chelsea to buy him back and sell him to us and give them a facilitating fee

I think that is exactly what would happen.

40 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Moussa Dembele at Lyon might be available. Has scored goals wherever he has played and is still only 25.

• Like 1

Said it back in the championship, when people were pointing at his record with Swansea, Tammy was the kind of potential who could become world class.

He's fulfilling that potential.

For 70 million, as others have said, there'd be a few in the market we'd also be better for signing at that price. 

I love Tammy, always rated him in the highest footballing esteem, and his energy and desire was evident too. 

For that money though, the expectations for the team would rightfully be through the roof, and I wonder if it would be a bit too much too soon.

Signing Suarez, even as a backup, begins to appeal. And if we were to get a decent fee for one of Ings or Ollie, and spend that combined with half of the fee wanted for Tammy on another striker, then I feel we'd be in good stead, and very easily better off.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Moussa Dembele at Lyon might be available. Has scored goals wherever he has played and is still only 25.

He is decent, there is better though.

TBH I have no idea who we could attract.

It is all well and good saying Nunez for 70m but who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Depends who you play for really, he got even more for Bristol.

I think he guarantees at least 15 for us in the league.

in fairness Lukaku got 23 goals last season and just 8 for Chelsea this season. Different cirumstances but I dont think will be so easy playing for a team like us

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in fairness Lukaku got 23 goals last season and just 8 for Chelsea this season. Different cirumstances but I dont think will be so easy playing for a team like us

I haven't rated him since he was at Everton to be fair.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

For all the stick Jose gets.

One thing is, his players do seem to always love him!

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No

Well his contract is ending with Bayern, only featured fifteen odd times for them last season. Man utd, Arsenal and Newcastle all said to be interested.

The press says he's considering an extension offer at Bayern now, but if he's looking at offers, why not us?