Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Worried for the summer and next season.

Don't trust anyone we have purchasing players. Who is next. Daniel Sturridge?

We won't get anyone as good as Bruno Guimaraes who was there for us for the last 18 months.

Well we signed Sanson instead and barely used him.

I think the issue is McGinn is generally seen as untouchable by the managers we appoint so really with Ramsey's emergence that means only one midfield position is in play.

Really hope McGinn becomes a rotation player soon as 3 years down the line he isn't suddenly going to morph into this weekly dominating all action prem CM. Will still have his uses for certain games but can't be playing every single minute of every game next season.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well we signed Sanson instead and barely used him.

I think the issue is McGinn is generally seen as untouchable by the managers we appoint so really with Ramsey's emergence that means only one midfield position is in play.

Really hope McGinn becomes a rotation player soon as 3 years down the line he isn't suddenly going to morph into this weekly dominating all action prem CM. Will still have his uses for certain games but can't be playing every single minute of every game next season.

An embarrassment from Smith and Gerrard giving him barely any game time. Total embarrassment.

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

An embarrassment from Smith and Gerrard giving him barely any game time. Total embarrassment.

I don't know. I feel like Sanson receiving the same treatment from two managers says a lot more about Sanson than anybody else. There's clearly something neither appreciates.

• Like 1

Remember how Liverpool are able to sell fringe players or just generic dross like Solanke, Brewster etc for big money?

This is when villa will no doubt subside loans and not make money on Traore, Sanson, El Ghazi, Trez etc. How are we not able to sell these players and recoup some money for FFP you can't tell me that shite Liverpool got a wedge for is more attractive than some players we may have for sale.

Sadly if I were to bet it's loans again. Does my head in!

If I understand the FFP rules correctly, loans make it easier to eventually sell players and make a ”profit” as long as enough time has passed since the signing. Buying Sanson for 15m on a 4 year contract, amortization 3.75m per year. Loan him out one season and sell him next summer (2023) for 7m, after 2.5 years and 9.4m amortized. 15-9.4=5.6 means Villa can show a profit of 1.4m on Sanson. Possibly.

18 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If I understand the FFP rules correctly, loans make it easier to eventually sell players and make a ”profit” as long as enough time has passed since the signing. Buying Sanson for 15m on a 4 year contract, amortization 3.75m per year. Loan him out one season and sell him next summer (2023) for 7m, after 2.5 years and 9.4m amortized. 15-9.4=5.6 means Villa can show a profit of 1.4m on Sanson. Possibly.

Goes over my head but I guess with that method we shouldn't lose money on Targett if we sell him in the summer.

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Goes over my head but I guess with that method we shouldn't lose money on Targett if we sell him in the summer.

We would make an FFP profit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Unfair stick to beat Smith with. He had him playing when he was fit. He just kept getting injured end of last season and start of this.

6 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Remember how Liverpool are able to sell fringe players or just generic dross like Solanke, Brewster etc for big money?

This is when villa will no doubt subside loans and not make money on Traore, Sanson, El Ghazi, Trez etc. How are we not able to sell these players and recoup some money for FFP you can't tell me that shite Liverpool got a wedge for is more attractive than some players we may have for sale.

Sadly if I were to bet it's loans again. Does my head in!

Well it is exactly that. There’ll always be an element of “Liverpool signed him so he must be good”. It’s like if Louis Vuitton had a clear out of shite and Primark also had a clear out of the same shite. Which one are people buying?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Well it is exactly that. There’ll always be an element of “Liverpool signed him so he must be good”. It’s like if Louis Vuitton had a clear out of shite and Primark also had a clear out of the same shite. Which one are people buying?

We are not Primark! We are at least Ted Baker😁

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Spoony said:

There's also a big difference in PL terms in "not being good enough to break into the Liverpool team" compared to "not being good enough to break into the Aston Villa team". 

If you're a middling/relegation team you take the chance that a player that's not quite good enough for Liverpool but highly rated would be good enough for you, but a player not good enough for our team will probably also not be good enough for another team in a similar position

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Jonathan David linked again. Anybody know much about him?!

Similar player to Watkins, he's better at passing and has better control than Watkins. They both have very good work rates as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Similar player to Watkins, he's better at passing and has better control than Watkins. They both have very good work rates as well.

He is younger as well. Lille are happy to sell but his goalscoring is streaky. can hit 6 in 4 games then go 8 weeks without another 

For 30 million would take a risk but Lille got 70 for Oshimen so tough negotiators

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Jonathan David linked again. Anybody know much about him?!

Won the league last season with Lille, is younger than Watkins and probably has a higher ceiling.  He's only scored 3 goals in 2022 though, so doesn't seem like he's having as good a season as last year.

David is similar to Watkins, however Watkins has proven he can get double figures in this league and I'm not convinced David is a better player than Ollie either. If we sign a new forward, we need someone with a different skillset, a forward player who can hold the ball, with a good touch and score goals (Kienan Davis can do 2 of them well!) Hard to find a player like that but David doesn't look like a natural footballer to me.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is younger as well. Lille are happy to sell but his goalscoring is streaky. can hit 6 in 4 games then go 8 weeks without another 

For 30 million would take a risk but Lille got 70 for Oshimen so tough negotiators

That's my issue with him, his goal scoring this year is streaky. I wonder if its to do with not having Galtier as the manager? Lille have tailed off since he went to Nice who are now 2 points from a Europa League place. I'm cautious of all the strikers that are around his age around Europe right now, they are all likely to leave for 40+ mill and I do think Nunez, David and Osimhen etc are good players for where they are playing now, I just wonder if they were to come to the prem would they adapt well?