Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the way i see it. Yes for the price its good value but is he any better than konsa or mings? Thats a no from me i am afraid. If either  gets injured would i be confident chambers could step in and do a job? Probably but im hoping in summer we are looking for a higher quality cb

Of course he's not better than Mings or Konsa, he hasn't been purchased to played in front of them. He's cover. 

To replace our starting centre backs you probably need to be paying £35m-£40m as a minimum? We can't spend that money on every position so quickly. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Of course he's not better than Mings or Konsa, he hasn't been purchased to played in front of them. He's cover. 

To replace our starting centre backs you probably need to be paying £35m-£40m as a minimum? We can't spend that money on every position so quickly. 

That's how I see it too, in an ideal scenario, every player we buy is if the quality to push our current starters out of the team. However we need to team and squad build over time, and this is a really clever signing.

If we can get a top DM in before the end of the window it will have been our best window in 25+ years.

We can then in the next window look to buy 2 top quality players capable of replacing our current starters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

This would be an ideal signing when we are playing in Europa and/or going deep in the cups.

If that doesn't happen then I can't see him getting a lot of game time. This season we are only  going to play 41 matches.

All it takes is one injury to Cash or a centre half and he’s playing every week. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, sne said:

With him and Hause it feels like we have two 4th choice level CB's but no one to really compete with Mings and Konsa. That's fine for the rest of the season IMO.

I expect we will make a move for a higher level CB in the summer.

Seems an odd way to go about things though seeing as we literally just gave Hause a new contract a couple of weeks ago as well as signing this guy but will be getting rid of one of our CBs to replace them in 6 months time?

Just now, LondonLax said:

Seems an odd way to go about things though seeing as we literally just gave Hause a new contract a couple of weeks ago as well as signing this guy but will be getting rid of one of our CBs to replace them in 6 months time?

Do tell. You seem to know more than others on here.

• Like 1

Probably 50k on a 27 year old who's not going to improve not going to increase in value. Has been pretty rank every time I've watched him.

Sure he got Fulhams POTS. They got relegated. Boro. They got relegated.

He must have averaged about 10 games a season at Arsenal at best.

This isn't a good use of funds. We aren't Arsenal. We aren't in Europe. We don't need back up players of this value and they won't make us kick on 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Probably 50k on a 27 year old who's not going to improve not going to increase in value. Has been pretty rank every time I've watched him.

This isn't a good use of funds. We aren't Arsenal. We aren't in Europe. We don't need back up players of this value and they won't make us kick on 

And your plan for when Konsa is injured or Cash gets suspended is.....

I thought we were going to sign someone who could compete with Konsa. This lad is proper back up. 

We may yet sell Hause in summer I feel. We still need to get competition in summer for at least one of Konsa or Mings

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully his salary here will be closer to £25k than £50k. He's pretty much restarting his career after that injury and not really playing since 18/19.

I don't really want anybody to come in and compete with Konsa to be honest. He has the potential to be the best English centre half and one of the best in the league.

If he hits a ceiling, a sustained drop in form or we're playing Champions League, fine. Get an equal player in.
I do believe in keeping players competitive but sometimes a player just needs a clear path because they're that good.

Chambers covers Konsa and Cash, and probably keeps Cash honest rather than Konsa. In the meantime, the possible "franchise" right back: KKH, learns his trade.
Hause covers Mings and is perhaps good enough to put pressure on him and Konsa.
This is a wise move, not an exciting one.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Considering he only turned 27 last week and Mings turns 29 next month. Most probably said the same thing about Mings when he signed from Bournemouth’s reserves at a similar age and scope, Except Mings had No Champions league experience or England caps at the time.  

Whilst we all want every signing to be good enough to go straight in to the team we have to be realistic about it. Our squad is very light and Chambers has now provided experienced cover for 2 key positions. Good business in my opinion but I can understand some fans frustration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Yeah i agree this is why i said in summer i hope we go for a higher quality cb. For now he will do but wont take us to that next level. 

Im hoping a top centre back in the summer 🤞

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Neither are they.

Image result for laughing gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â