Dirty Leeds Pre Match Thread

rjw63

On 31/01/2022 at 22:03, VillaChris said:

We'd need another winter break for two months if we played Leeds twice in four days!

Really should've played Burnley on Saturday but seems they're booked in to play Watford instead so guess that will be 5th round weekend.

Or semi-final weekend, given the home draws Liverpool have been getting again. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this. Bit worried a loss would almost end the season because straight away it's looking behind us again.

What I don't want to see... because it's their best chance of scoring...

Is losing the ball softly in the middle of the pitch, just into their half... throwing men forward and they score on the break. It happens to us a lot as we attempt some quick fancy stuff when we aren't in position for it/good enough for it.

• Like 3

On 07/02/2022 at 09:41, Vive_La_Villa said:

They haven’t played any friendly’s either so hopefully we are sharper. A lot of Premier Legaue teams struggled on the weekend after the break. 

That is why Bielsa is the genius he is

• Like 1

Does Raphinnha play on left or right mainly?

One little worry is in Gerrard system Cash can get really isolated one v one against a quick wide player so that feels the danger area if they stick him on the left.

Harrison isn't as quick so hopefully we'll contain him more.

Keep those two quiet and don't see where else they'll hurt us.

• Like 1

If they play like they did at Villa Park last season then they can cause us , in fact anyone nightmares. Bielsa will hug the touchine with his attacking play so there is a need for the midfield to back up our fullbacks really well. But we will get chances. Plenty of chances. If we get the shitter version of Leeds then we could put them to the sword as Emi and Jacob will have loads of room to run into.

Got a strange feeling its going to be a mental end to end chance fest which is never good for my nerves . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Does Raphinnha play on left or right mainly?

One little worry is in Gerrard system Cash can get really isolated one v one against a quick wide player so that feels the danger area if they stick him on the left.

Harrison isn't as quick so hopefully we'll contain him more.

Keep those two quiet and don't see where else they'll hurt us.

Plays on the right. I'd fancy Cash against him, Digne less so. JJ and Doug going to need to get over on the cover to help.

• Like 1

Its so exciting just thinking about seeing this team play every week now. The potential of our squad is very high. Then factor in all the youth and what they’re doing out on loan, its giving me anxiety. So many good players its blowing my mind. Want it to all work out and for us to achieve something worthwhile. All the ingredients are there for us to start being a very successful club but always feel we have to strike while the irons hot, before it somehow all goes to shit. Thats where the anxiety comes from I think.

• Like 1

Leeds couple are family friends and I meet them at pub for a few most Saturdays. I need this victory more than others

Also had 3rd booster shot today and based on 2nd and friend's comments on recently getting booster I'll feel like crap tomorrow so could use a.... boost

Edited by Kiwivillan

28 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Leeds couple are family friends and I meet them at pub for a few most Saturdays. I need this victory more than others

Also had 3rd booster shot today and based on 2nd and friend's comments on recently getting booster I'll feel like crap tomorrow so could use a.... boost

I felt fine after the booster. Felt shit after 1 and 2. Just luck of the draw I think. 

I really want us to destroy this lot. 

14 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I felt fine after the booster. Felt shit after 1 and 2. Just luck of the draw I think. 

I really want us to destroy this lot. 

We're on Pfizer. You the same? Didn't feel a thing after 1st only slight sore arm. I really want to beat Leeds besides already mentioned because they were commentator darlings last season

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1