Dirty Leeds Pre Match Thread

rjw63

2 hours ago, catanzaro said:

Didn’t mean any offence.. I thought the OP wanted to know where to get some food for his family and I was suggesting that the City Centre had a better choice.. I wasn’t commenting on where Villa fans drink 

Don't fret, @GingerCollins29is just mocking blues fans who, in lieu of anything better to celebrate, have taken to pretending that only Blues fans can 'drink in town' and being proud of that, despite it not actually being true.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nigel said:

I kid you not, this is a genuine post from waccoe

Cant see a single argument there!

Literally only Raphinha and Phillips get in a combined Villa-Leeds 11 and both are far better than the rest of their team and could well be gone in the summer (plus Phillips has missed much of this season with an injury and doubtful will play against us). All of their other players are average at best and yes I include Bumford in that. 

Probably one of the most delusional posts I've ever seen, Martinez is one the best GKs in the world and miles better than Meslier, Cash miles better than Ayling, both of our CBs walk into their team (Koch is never fit, why on Earth they have selected him I don't know), I'd even pick Bailey and maybe even Traore over Harrison (decent stats in goals/assists but a very ordinary footballer who just runs around a lot). Bumford is another very ordinary footballer, would pick Watkins and Ings over him. 

Every person is slightly biased towards their team but that goes beyond being biased. I really hope Villa turn up and give Leeds a good hiding on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Thanks, if they are only returning to light training this week then I would say there would very little if any chance of even the bench. Rushing back a Hammy injury and after surgery would be really high risk. I suspect the reports that they are both out till March is probably more realistic

We'll see Phillips in the Elland road game for sure. Don't think that's been re-arranged yet.

I can’t say if i’ve ever really liked Leeds and this has become even more so since the Elland Road controversy in April 2019. Has Bielsa lost his touch a little or been unlucky with injuries this season? Either way, it’ll be a battle, they’ll be tough to break and they’ll run hard for 90 minutes. We need to match them.

However, similar to Everton last time out, I just feel that we have that little bit of extra quality now which means we have that edge over our opponents. The signing of Chambers is an interesting one and I just have a feeling that Gerrard may use him more often than not in the holding midfield position. I could be totally wrong on this though. 

Night game, big roaring crowd, what’s not to like. Very much hope we smash them but going to be conservative and say 2-1 win.

Martinez

Cash         Konsa             Mings        Digne

McGinn      Chambers      Ramsey 

Buendia       Coutinho

Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Hause, Chrisene, Young, Iroegbunam, Sanson, Luiz, Chukwuemeka, Ings

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Don't fret, @GingerCollins29is just mocking blues fans who, in lieu of anything better to celebrate, have taken to pretending that only Blues fans can 'drink in town' and being proud of that, despite it not actually being true.

no vile allowed to drink in town all vilers come from and drink in the shires, also no vilers work at JLR - FACT  

Mate 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, catanzaro said:

Didn’t mean any offence.. I thought the OP wanted to know where to get some food for his family and I was suggesting that the City Centre had a better choice.. I wasn’t commenting on where Villa fans drink 

Just an old joke mate, nothing against you.

Noses think villa are banned from town. Plus they always have to say MATE at the end of every sentence

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Noses think villa are banned from town. Plus they always have to say MATE at the end of every sentence

Cheers

Spoiler

MATE

• Haha 2

i love the Leeds fans blinkered view on a combined team. How it should be. We are fanatics so any fanatic should not be having a balanced considered view. 

As for the game. Do not play them at their own game. I think they can potentially hurt us as we play so narrow in midfield and they love to burst down the wings. But if we play on the counter then we could easily smash them if luck goes our way. Once the battle is won in central midfield Emi and Phil will cause chaos with Jacob and Ollie bursting into space. Never write Leeds off as they are far greater than the sum of their parts but a sensible gameplan should give us a chance to impose our quality on the game . Now i think that is balanced and considered !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Don’t they also start every sentence with an incoherent grunt followed by a weird high pitched squeal , whilst simultaneously taking a deep puff of the cigarette they found on the floor by snow hill station,

Also is it true that they hold the ciggy in between their index and middle finger so they can show off their sovereigns which are made from 100% brass plated zirconium they call gold. ?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Don’t they also start every sentence with an incoherent grunt followed by a weird high pitched squeal , whilst simultaneously taking a deep puff of the cigarette they found on the floor by snow hill station,

Also is it true that they hold the ciggy in between their index and middle finger so they can show off their sovereigns which are made from 100% brass plated zirconium they call gold. ?

🤣🤣🤣

22 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Literally only Raphinha and Phillips get in a combined Villa-Leeds 11 and both are far better than the rest of their team and could well be gone in the summer (plus Phillips has missed much of this season with an injury and doubtful will play against us). All of their other players are average at best and yes I include Bumford in that. 

Probably one of the most delusional posts I've ever seen, Martinez is one the best GKs in the world and miles better than Meslier, Cash miles better than Ayling, both of our CBs walk into their team (Koch is never fit, why on Earth they have selected him I don't know), I'd even pick Bailey and maybe even Traore over Harrison (decent stats in goals/assists but a very ordinary footballer who just runs around a lot). Bumford is another very ordinary footballer, would pick Watkins and Ings over him. 

Every person is slightly biased towards their team but that goes beyond being biased. I really hope Villa turn up and give Leeds a good hiding on Wednesday. 

Agree, but even them I'm not entirely sure I'd have Raphina ahead of Buendia/Coutinho - though I do think he's an excellent player

Kalvin Phillips the only certainty for me

• Like 2

On 27/01/2022 at 20:57, sir_gary_cahill said:

he looks great on YouTube

Career highlights thrown into a few minutes.. literally every player looks great on YouTube

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Agree, but even them I'm not entirely sure I'd have Raphina ahead of Buendia/Coutinho - though I do think he's an excellent player

Kalvin Phillips the only certainty for me

I think I'd pick Raphinha on the right wing over Buendia right now, the guy is killing it and I see Leeds in a real struggle to hang on to him this summer.

You're right though, Buendia is a class act and from a creative perspective he beats Raphinha. Depends what system you play and if you play inside or wide forwards. In our 4-3-2-1 Buendia would work better.

Phillips though is a certainty and would massively improve what is a weak area for Villa as his defensive work in front of the defence is outstanding. I'd absolutely love it if we signed him. 

21 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

i love the Leeds fans blinkered view on a combined team. How it should be. We are fanatics so any fanatic should not be having a balanced considered view. 

As for the game. Do not play them at their own game. I think they can potentially hurt us as we play so narrow in midfield and they love to burst down the wings. But if we play on the counter then we could easily smash them if luck goes our way. Once the battle is won in central midfield Emi and Phil will cause chaos with Jacob and Ollie bursting into space. Never write Leeds off as they are far greater than the sum of their parts but a sensible gameplan should give us a chance to impose our quality on the game . Now i think that is balanced and considered !!

Key.

but we have to be wary of the flanks....we know what Harrison/Bamford did in the 0-3

Edited by TRO