Dirty Leeds Pre Match Thread

rjw63

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes very annoying. Once again we just need to match their intensity like the Everton game and we should beat them. They outran us at Villa Park last season. A real eye opener for us. We cant let that happen again 

It will be end to end, good thing is Buendia and Coutinho should get loads of space to work with as I assume Phillips will still be out and their other midfield options are poor.

On 23/01/2022 at 11:32, Kingman said:

Still not forgiven the dirty skip rats for this, I hope we dismantle Bumford. 

The best thing about it was how the media praised Bielsa for such good sportsmanship. He was talked about as a real "fair play guy".

You can see how angry he is and how much he doesn't want to do it, but to not do it would make him an even bigger prick. No way would he agree to it if it wasn't for Villa making a big deal out of it.

On 23/01/2022 at 19:50, regular_john said:

I was hoping we'd get our revenge last year and then Patrick **** Bamford put a hat trick past us. 

They say every dog has his day.  Then occasionally every few hundred years that dog gets to go into outer space...thats where Bamford was that day!

They could play the game a thousand times more and he gets no where near that level.

He should have hung up his boots right there and then!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

If only we had Leon Bailey for this one. We'd tear them a new asshole. As it is, and because it's Leeds, the reality is this one will probably be wild and could go either way.  We're in a good enough place now that we won't be a soft touch and we can at least be confident we'll give a good account of ourselves.  I'm confident that with no **** ups we have too much for them. But if we get into a shoot-out it could be bad. I don't think there'll be any clean sheets but I'll go for a nervy 3-2 to Villa.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BOF said:

If only we had Leon Bailey for this one. We'd tear them a new asshole. As it is, and because it's Leeds, the reality is this one will probably be wild and could go either way.  We're in a good enough place now that we won't be a soft touch and we can at least be confident we'll give a good account of ourselves.  I'm confident that with no **** ups we have too much for them. But if we get into a shoot-out it could be bad. I don't think there'll be any clean sheets but I'll go for a nervy 3-2 to Villa.

Bailey will surely be on the bench.

Still over two weeks to the game and sure Gary Mac said early Jan he was about a month off so hopefully we use this break to get him out on the training pitch and properly fit.

Been out for about four months of the season so far which is some going from two different injuries.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bailey will surely be on the bench.

Still over two weeks to the game and sure Gary Mac said early Jan he was about a month off so hopefully we use this break to get him out on the training pitch and properly fit.

Been out for about four months of the season so far which is some going from two different injuries.

He probably wont be available yet.

Baileys injuries have been frustrating.  I hope he wont be another joe cole Patrick berger who isnt always injured

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Why we worrying about Bamford?  If we find him that difficult to deal with then we're not progressing at the rate we hope.

He scored a hat trick last season and links the play up for them nicely compared to likes of Rodrigo and Tyler Roberts. Raphinna also in good form so those two will be dangerous.

I presume Phillips is still injured so we should really dominate their midfield as likes of Kilch and Adam Foreshaw are really mediocre players at this level.

Just realised the corresponding fixture last season was our standalone biggest defeat of the season. The only match we lost by 3 goals (0-3)

We owe them for that !!

• Like 1

On 26/01/2022 at 10:58, Wainy316 said:

Why we worrying about Bamford?  If we find him that difficult to deal with then we're not progressing at the rate we hope.

Because he’s an excellent centre forward and he has a knack of scoring against us 

On 25/01/2022 at 11:15, BOF said:

If only we had Leon Bailey for this one. We'd tear them a new asshole. 

LOL !

What, based on a few minutes in a substitute performance ? He is injury prone and woefully short of fitness (understandably) if he ever does get back. If he is going to rip anything, it will be his thigh / groin / hamstring / calf or whatever !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1