Dirty Leeds Pre Match Thread

rjw63

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

LOL !

What, based on a few minutes in a substitute performance ? He is injury prone and woefully short of fitness (understandably) if he ever does get back. If he is going to rip anything, it will be his thigh / groin / hamstring / calf or whatever !

Anyone can see even during his brief appearances in a Villa shirt that he has talent. He’s very quick and has a trick or two but as usual as Villa fans we expect miracles from our big money signings and then when the player fails to meet our unrealistic demands, us as fans vent our frustrations at the player and then the player moves on, it always happens. Fans expectations of players these days are way too high, they are just normal people like you and I 

• Like 1

In fairness, its not unreasonable to expect more than one game in his first season. I don't blame the player, nor am I writing him off ..... I'm merely responding to the assertion that he would destroy Leeds if he played. I just don't get what that could be based on !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

In fairness, its not unreasonable to expect more than one game in his first season. I don't blame the player, nor am I writing him off ..... I'm merely responding to the assertion that he would destroy Leeds if he played. I just don't get what that could be based on !

He’s quick, has good skills and an end product, he has shown potential in his brief appearances for us and he looks great on YouTube. He’s played for Bayer Leverkusen who are a top German team and internationally for Jamaica, he has pedigree. I think we should be patient with him, he has a lot of talent. He has had quite a few injuries since he joined us, I think we should be patient with him

23 hours ago, Paul33 said:

LOL !

What, based on a few minutes in a substitute performance ? He is injury prone and woefully short of fitness (understandably) if he ever does get back. If he is going to rip anything, it will be his thigh / groin / hamstring / calf or whatever !

For the same reason United always used Dan James specifically against Leeds. They play such a high line and genuine pace causes them all sorts of problems. Bailey would have been a great weapon against them as he'd have caused chaos.

• Thanks 1

On 29/01/2022 at 19:45, OutByEaster? said:

It is an international break, just not one where any of the European nations are playing.

Just makes no sense why we are not playing the leeds away game on sat while fa cup games are going ahead.

Both clubs are out. Lets get that game out the way as going to be fixture pile up later on this season

On 27/01/2022 at 16:50, Paul33 said:

LOL !

Not aware that he has been injury prone before this current problem - I thought he had been fairly consistent at Leverkusen. As a rotation option with Phillipe, Emi and, hopefully Chukie he should be great.

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just makes no sense why we are not playing the leeds away game on sat while fa cup games are going ahead.

Both clubs are out. Lets get that game out the way as going to be fixture pile up later on this season

We'd need another winter break for two months if we played Leeds twice in four days!

Really should've played Burnley on Saturday but seems they're booked in to play Watford instead so guess that will be 5th round weekend.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

We'd need another winter break for two months if we played Leeds twice in four days!

Really should've played Burnley on Saturday but seems they're booked in to play Watford instead so guess that will be 5th round weekend.

Think 5th round is midweek but agree it’ll probably be played then

How can this game still be a week away? 

I’m hoping the break has given SG and his staff a chance to get ideas across. Pity Couthino and the two Emis are away on int duty. 
A few weeks ago press were saying this was the game Bailey was aiming to be back for. I wonder if we might see him on the bench. 

• Like 1

Was gonna say this is Gerrard's first home game against a bottom half side, and with the current league table it is. But Leicester were 14th when we played them in GW15 even though they've since climbed to 10th.

We do lie 2nd in the table versus current top half opposition since Gerrard took over with 7pts from 5 games and the 2 defeats coming against City & Chelsea.

• Like 1