Dirty Leeds Pre Match Thread

rjw63

Might as well start predicting my next Christmas dinner, this game is yonks away. But I reckon they are crumbling, massive drop off since last season and Bielsa will be off end of the season - let's help them on their way to oblivion with a full strength side and a firing Coutinho.

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Still not forgiven the dirty skip rats for this, I hope we dismantle Bumford. 

I agree. They went on my list of hated clubs that day. I was hoping we'd get our revenge last year and then Patrick **** Bamford put a hat trick past us. 

Let's do to them what we should have done to Manure

• Like 1

Every one should be fit for this and we know that SG will not be letting the players rest for long. Its gives us more time to install his training and approach to the game.

Has to be the start of a winning streak against the teams we should beat  

side note isn't it fickle how we refer to the Villa again as us and we when we are playing well, when its going wrong its them 😀. Yes I include myself in this 

Wednesday night game at Villa Park. Should be decent. Gerrard said we’ll have a mini pre season so am expecting some cohesive performances now with most of side hopefully being up to speed with how the management want us to play.

How nice would it be to turn these over going into a nice batch of games thereafter. This is our chance now to start climbing and living up to the huge potential our squad have. Going to be a long wait though. Cant believe they let the barcodes beat them, shocking result after going to West Ham and winning.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

On 22/01/2022 at 19:52, VillaChris said:

Can't believe this is our next game, why can't we play someone else on the FA cup weekend?

Such an annoying season, every time we get a good win we either lose key player to injury or we don't play for ages.

3-2 either way.

Yes very annoying. Once again we just need to match their intensity like the Everton game and we should beat them. They outran us at Villa Park last season. A real eye opener for us. We cant let that happen again 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes very annoying. Once again we just need to match their intensity like the Everton game and we should beat them. They outran us at Villa Park last season. A real eye opener for us. We cant let that happen again 

But we dominated them, although the scoreline was tighter, in the reverse fixture at Elland Road if I remember correctly, albeit with Nakamba playing DCM.

"Bielsa ball" has proven nowhere near as successful this season, especially with the injury to Bamford. 

We have beaten all outside the Superleague 6 under Stevie G, except Brentford which we should have won, and I would expect us to beat this lot at VP.

I'm also looking forward to having Bailey back on the bench - what a substitution option a fit Bailey could be against a tiring back line??

I really think we are one good CB and one good DCM - both of which we seem to be in for - away from being a really good top half team that could outcompete Leicester and Wet Spam and genuinely challenge the big boys.🤞