Dirty Leeds Pre Match Thread

rjw63

On 27/01/2022 at 16:50, Paul33 said:

LOL !

What, based on a few minutes in a substitute performance ? He is injury prone and woefully short of fitness (understandably) if he ever does get back. If he is going to rip anything, it will be his thigh / groin / hamstring / calf or whatever !

Its almost like people have seen him play outside of Villa and think this is a perfect game for him

• Like 1

We cannot allow Leeds to just run at us...with Raphinha, Harrison and James.....They have enough runners to cause us problems, if they go unchecked.

We have enough to cause them problems too, but if we lose the ball too easily, in doing so, we could come unstuck.

On 29/01/2022 at 16:54, Jareth said:

Hopefully going Watford with the family  - have not been to VP for a long long time - anyone know whats the best place post match for food? Star City looks the best bet so far... 

Birmingham city centre, is not far away. short taxi ride.

• Thanks 1

On 29/01/2022 at 16:54, Jareth said:

Hopefully going Watford with the family  - have not been to VP for a long long time - anyone know whats the best place post match for food? Star City looks the best bet so far... 

I’d go in to town mate… not far and much better than Star City

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

We cannot allow Leeds to just run at us...with Raphinha, Harrison and James.....They have enough runners to cause us problems, if they go unchecked.

We have enough to cause them problems too, but if we lose the ball too easily, in doing so, we could come unstuck.

Just need to dominate them in midfield, any combination we have is miles better than Klich and Adam Foreshaw or whatever they're putting out in absence of Kalvin Phillips.

Interested what Bielsa will do to try to counter Buendia-Coutinho axis just off the CF as we will get loads of space there if they play three at the back.

This will be high scoring game for sure, last year at VP we had plenty of chances at 0-0 before their quickfire goals killed the game so just need to go ahead and think we'll win comfortably.

11 hours ago, grobs said:

Looks like Phillips and cooper might be back for them. Not good for us 

Where are u seeing that? Everything I have read about them is that they are both out till March. Both have Hammy injuries and Philips had surgery in Dec. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grobs said:

Looks like Phillips and cooper might be back for them. Not good for us 

I’d be happy if Cooper was fit. A colleague who supports Leeds calls him League 1 Liam  because that’s his standard.

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Where are u seeing that? Everything I have read about them is that they are both out till March. Both have Hammy injuries and Philips had surgery in Dec. 

It appears both have returned to light training this week, so highly unlikely that they’ll be fit. Certainly neither will start but I suppose one or both could make the bench at best. Very doubtful though I’d say.

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

It appears both have returned to light training this week, so highly unlikely that they’ll be fit. Certainly neither will start but I suppose one or both could make the bench at best. Very doubtful though I’d say.

Thanks, if they are only returning to light training this week then I would say there would very little if any chance of even the bench. Rushing back a Hammy injury and after surgery would be really high risk. I suspect the reports that they are both out till March is probably more realistic

• Like 1

Leeds will do their thing where they try to turn it into a basketball game.

For me, I think if we keep the ball and play sensibly, we can win.

If we end up in a basketball game, i think we can win that too.

I think the current line up we have, with Coutinho getting sharper and everyone settling into the system, we look a very decent side.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leeds will do their thing where they try to turn it into a basketball game.

For me, I think if we keep the ball and play sensibly, we can win.

If we end up in a basketball game, i think we can win that too.

I think the current line up we have, with Coutinho getting sharper and everyone settling into the system, we look a very decent side.

I would probably play Ings in that case if we get so many chances

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hold on, Villa fans never drink on town...MATE

Didn’t mean any offence.. I thought the OP wanted to know where to get some food for his family and I was suggesting that the City Centre had a better choice.. I wasn’t commenting on where Villa fans drink 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1