Dirty Leeds Pre Match Thread

rjw63

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Goodluck TRO.

Thanks Mate....

I don't feel that bad Phil.....just like a cold, maybe I am lucky in that respect.

just tested this morning and got a faint line, so hopefully it won't last long.

Missing the game is the biggest disappointment, I think it could be a hummdinger.

It couldn't have happened just as we broke up, could it?.....ah well, if we win, I WILL feel better.

UTV

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thanks Mate....

I don't feel that bad Phil.....just like a cold, maybe I am lucky in that respect.

just tested this morning and got a faint line, so hopefully it won't last long.

Missing the game is the biggest disappointment, I think it could be a hummdinger.

It couldn't have happened just as we broke up, could it?.....ah well, if we win, I WILL feel better.

UTV

Had 3 mates/family members who've had it recently and symptoms were the same, they were right as ninepence in no time and before their 7 day isolation had past. 

You're right though pal, your timing is awful and I'm sad that you are going to miss a 5 goal mauling of them northern no marks. Buendia, Coutihno, Ramsey, and a Watkins brace. Zero attempts on goal from the opposition, don't want to be specific, just a bit of a guess. 

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

Villa have had a habit, for the best part of this century, of being valiant losers against the big teams (picking up the occasional scalp) and woefully poor against middling to relegation teams. If we have any real designs on becoming a big team we need to start consistently beating teams in these positions.

We have Leeds, Newcastle, Watford, Brighton and Southampton in next five games. We should be looking to win 3 or 4 and be going unbeaten really.

However, the pessimistic Villa fan in me sees a loss tonight - we seem to struggle against them and are always the team that helps teams begin a run or a striker to break his barren run or the opposition have their best performance of the season!!

I hate Leeds and Newcastle too! Be lovely to just put four or five past them!! 

47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

No. Please don't be. Every time we are all confident it all goes wrong! 

Even Lawro thinks we're going to win!

Does he!? Ah ****, that’s the kiss of death.

I have a niggling feeling it’s going to be a draw… maybe a 2-2. 

Edited by alreadyexists

33 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Villa have had a habit, for the best part of this century, of being valiant losers against the big teams (picking up the occasional scalp) and woefully poor against middling to relegation teams. If we have any real designs on becoming a big team we need to start consistently beating teams in these positions.

We have Leeds, Newcastle, Watford, Brighton and Southampton in next five games. We should be looking to win 3 or 4 and be going unbeaten really.

However, the pessimistic Villa fan in me sees a loss tonight - we seem to struggle against them and are always the team that helps teams begin a run or a striker to break his barren run or the opposition have their best performance of the season!!

I hate Leeds and Newcastle too! Be lovely to just put four or five past them!! 

We have the ability to win tonight and so do they.

so its down to who wants it the most.

In the past, I have been doubtful on this front, but I am now more confident this is being worked on....How far we have got, with application, I am not sure, yet?

I think this game will be a significant test for us.....I am just hoping we come through it.

I don't think we can afford any passive performances, if we want to win...they all need to be at it.

Edited by TRO