Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

1 minute ago, kevpants said:

Watkins needs the hook in my opinion.

He'sthe least clinical striker. Needs too many opportunities. I ahve no confidence in him when he strikes a ball. None. 

If he stays on and our chances fall to him it's game over.

Yeah Ollie's been really poor. Just lacks conviction in final third too often. Him sidefooting it straight into De Gea while a minute later Greenwood hits a powerful shot across Emi sums up the difference as the second shot is always going to lead to either a goal or tap in.

Ings and Watkins just dosen't work, no idea why we've gone back to it. Hopefully will be last game this season we attempt it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Can we stop pretending Ramsey is anywhere near PL quality. 

He’s had poor game yes, but can we stop expecting 20 year olds to be consistent week in week out? And can we stop moaning about bringing in older players then contradicting ourselves by saying a academy player isn’t good enough?

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So many overreactions in here. We weren’t great to start the game but come on now. Man U had made it very difficult to progress the ball. Gotta give them credit.

What reaction were you expecting?

Worst half of football I’ve us play in ages.

Crowd are a bit down too, can only hear the cockneys

I dunno how to fix it but Gerrard needs to have a word with pretty much all of em and remind them where they are. Ramsey been awful, Buendia has his moments.

Little bored of the pro UTD commentary again, they must be sleeping with DeGea

Same defensive weaknesses but we now have no threat up front. Even if we score you just know we won't see it through and man U look more likely to score. Not sure what's going on on but we appear to be getting worse by each game .

• Like 1

Just now, macandally said:

Easy to go into VT meltdown but fact is they are ahead due to a clanger and we have had the better chances.

They are more savvy game wise, those early fouls were not including the one that led to tge goal, we don’t go down when we should and do when we shouldn’t.

we could and should be level, the challenge now is whether we BELIEVE we can win this game.  The quality is there, go and get the three points

After his clanger Martinez made a stunning save. We are lucky to be 0-1 

United look to have more goals in them than we do 

Down to a shit goal vs United? Color me shocked.

Also, Ollie is good off it, but has no idea what to do once actually in possession of a football. Ings, otoh, is good on it, but can't seem to compete enough physically. Kinda wonder if we need to be eyeing a more complete forward who can mix it with defenders better.

Better last ten, but we need an early goal in the second half to have a chance of a point. Not looking likely. Digne looks decent going forward and less good defending, could score and get sent off on his debut. Will it be four losses in a row? Everton are due a win.