Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, Risso said:

He's a shit reserve keeper who couldn't get in the Sheffield United team in the Championship.  I hope he does never play a single minute for us ever again, it's just unfortunate that we're now out of a cup just so that Emery can confirm to himself that his back up keeper isn't a real footballer. The other fringe players who might have played a bit more had we taken the game just a bit more seriously now won't have that opportunity. Thanks Robin, thanks Unai.

He was Sheffield United starting keeper then got injured then signed for Villa

• Like 1

I’m not going to pile on. To play with a high defensive line you need a sweeper keeper. Olsen unfortunately is not that type of keeper. However the 4th goal is pretty poor from him.

I thought Emi didn’t have that ability until the manure game (haven’t watched him in Argentina colours shame on me) . If Emi played last night we don’t concede imo. 

Our defending would have been better too.

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

Maybe Olsen looked decent enough in training to be given a chance in a Cup match? Overreaction to Unai here is incredible

I suspect Unai wanted to see as many of our players out on the pitch before the January window opens which, with the WC, is only a couple of games away. Unai will now know for certain that Olsen is no where near the standard needed going forward. I doubt we will see Olsen play another minute unless the situation forces it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

He chose to start a f***ing awful keeper. That's on him, and it cost us the match. I still think he'll be a good manager for us, but last was was a poor decision and he got the result the team selection deserved.

This is gold, thanks, I needed this today after loads of s**t at work. 

One of the worst goalkeeping displays I have seen in a long time.

Often keepers will drop a clanger in a game, he made 4 or 5 errors and doesn’t have a history of being good to fall back on.

Ship him out. A good backup keeper is a priority now. If we lose Emi long term then we could end up going down with Olsen in goal every week. 

This is all part of the process…he wants to play out from the back…that’s why Pickford always gets the nod for England 

No good in friendly games, you’ll only find out in competitive games whether players can play you want to or not

Some players can be coached, others can’t…we’ll see 

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

One of the worst goalkeeping displays I have seen in a long time.

Often keepers will drop a clanger in a game, he made 4 or 5 errors and doesn’t have a history of being good to fall back on.

Ship him out. A good backup keeper is a priority now. If we lose Emi long term then we could end up going down with Olsen in goal every week. 

There was a wide selection to choose from

• running in treacle across the area and only just about getting a toe on it to knock it out for the corner, despite having a 20 yard headstart on Fernandes who was closing down
  • turning a 80/20 long ball into a 50/50 where Chambers had to bail him out because he was stuck to his line
  • calling for a simple cross and then immediately dropping it on the corner of the 6 yard box
  • trying to claim a simple looping high ball by flapping one handed and conceding a corner
  • passing straight to Man U for the 3rd goal
  • standing on his line and watching as McTominay gets the touch just 7 yards out for the 4th goal

Imagine what its like for the outfielders trying to play with that going on behind you

19 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I've got a horrible feeling he's playing Sunday. 

I think Emi won't want to risk any injury before the world Cup. 

Emi was probably raging that he wasn't picked to play last night. He's not the sort to look not to play, ever. 

• Like 1

Â