Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Bit harsh on Emery. Olsen is an international keeper. He could hardly have predicted he’d be that shit

Nyland and Kalinic were interntional keepers. This waste of space has let in 11 goals in two and a bit games for Villa, and 8 in his last three games for Sweden. Videos of those games not available, or maybe ask somebody who was there how Olsen played? A horrendous decision tonight to not play Martinez, hopefully he doesn't make many more similarly poor choices.

I don’t mean to keep going on, but I am honestly flabbergasted at just how bad he was. There were some very basic, amateur level errors that he made tonight. It honestly looked like an outfield player playing in goal at times. Surely we could never trust him again?

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I don’t any to keep going on, but I am honestly flabbergasted at just how bad he was. There were some very basic, amateur level errors that he made tonight. It honestly looked like an outfield player playing in goal at times. Surely we could never trust him again?

He was just as bad at Newcatle as well. I think he's worse than Kalinic, who was terrible.

Fair enough to play your sub keeper in the cup if they're any good a la Guzan or Kelleher for Liverpool, but this guy... The position of keeper for a cup game is not awarded on a charitable basis. If they're no good, don't play them. He didn't win a competition. 

Needs replacing. Soon

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YLN said:

Fair enough to play your sub keeper in the cup if they're any good a la Guzan or Kelleher for Liverpool, but this guy... The position of keeper for a cup game is not awarded on a charitable basis. If they're no good, don't play them. He didn't win a competition. 

Needs replacing. Soon

I guess the only argument against this is it’s first-team football and if Emi gets injured I’d rather have a keeper who has played recently.

But I’d also rather it wasn’t Olsen! 

He looks like a decent athlete and probably has some flashy shot stopping skills in training. But his command of the area was alarmingly bad and that pass...urgh.

He needs more game time to work out those issues and fine tune his instincts. But the problem is we can't afford to play him and probably won't, ever again.

Ridiculous signing, I would rather honestly give game time one if our young keepers than watch this guy anymore.

Not his fault, but why are we signing a keeper that was sitting on the bench at his championship team 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just now, duke313 said:

It’s something Emery does. He’s uses the backup keeper in the Cups. It’s just so happens our backup keeper is terrible.

I mean, I understand the respect for principles, but as you say, he's awful and Emery must have known that before the game, so the decision to play him anyway seems odd, it's a bad decision.

The guy lacks any confidence and having some is a basic requirement for any keeper. How many people looked at our team sheet and thought that looks weak for all sorts of reasons, but particularly because Olsen is playing? I certainly did.

6 hours ago, jim said:

He can **** off then, Villa pays his wages. I will be extremely disappointed in the club if he doesn’t play on Sunday.

Our last manager who you unconditionally supported rested him vs City so he could play the Finallissima and I cant remember such a reaction

Bizarre but unsurprising

Â