Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you really think the reason Olsen didn't come out more was because he wasn't told to?

Come on. Why are people trying so hard to find fault with Emery already? :D 

Do you really think Emery wouldn't have taken Olsen off if he was deliberately not following his instructions?

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you really think the reason Olsen didn't come out more was because he wasn't told to?

Come on. Why are people trying so hard to find fault with Emery already? :D 

In fairness, it was such an obvious problem, I'd have thought Emery might have said "Robin, come to claim some more balls".

I'm not saying he was told not to come off his line but, equally, he obviously wasn't told to come off his line.

Overall our organisation was great - but I'm really worried about that high defensive line.  I'm hoping it was a tactic to use against Man Utd and we happened to get done by it but, wow, we were cut open all night by really simple through/over the top balls.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

He’s been here two weeks and I guess it’s good for him to see how the backup keeper looks. 

I'd have preferred it if he'd have picked a side best suited to winning the game. Well done for having a look at Olsen Emery, I could have sent you a video of the Newcastle game though.

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In fairness, it was such an obvious problem, I'd have thought Emery might have said "Robin, come to claim some more balls".

I'm not saying he was told not to come off his line but, equally, he obviously wasn't told to come off his line.

Overall our organisation was great - but I'm really worried about that high defensive line.  I'm hoping it was a tactic to use against Man Utd and we happened to get done by it but, wow, we were cut open all night by really simple through/over the top balls.

There was that one occasion where he came to catch a high ball and made an absolute horlicks of it, so I'm pretty sure if he did come for that 4th goal it would have still ended up in the goal.  He was that bad.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He probably was. And he still didn't. Telling someone to do something doesn't mean they will do it.

Plus it's also something you shouldn't have to tell your goalkeeper to do. It's like telling Danny Ings to try hitting the target

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Risso said:

I'd have preferred it if he'd have picked a side best suited to winning the game. Well done for having a look at Olsen Emery, I could have sent you a video of the Newcastle game though.

"Everyone has a clean slate, except for you Robin. You were shit in that game against Newcastle so I'm never playing you. Ever"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Emery is in the door a week, maybe he is a good trainer for example amd wanted to have a look at him. 60 cap Swedish international who has World Cup, Euros and Champions League experience you would want to take a look

You sound like Gerrard 😄

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He probably was. And he still didn't. Telling someone to do something doesn't mean they will do it.

Plus it's also something you shouldn't have to tell your goalkeeper to do. It's like telling Danny Ings to try hitting the target

Then he should have been substituted.

Instructing the keeper to come rushing halfway up the pitch is not the same as telling the striker to hit the target.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Risso said:

Fair point 

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"Everyone has a clean slate, except for you Robin. You were shit in that game against Newcastle so I'm never playing you. Ever"

He's a shit reserve keeper who couldn't get in the Sheffield United team in the Championship.  I hope he does never play a single minute for us ever again, it's just unfortunate that we're now out of a cup just so that Emery can confirm to himself that his back up keeper isn't a real footballer. The other fringe players who might have played a bit more had we taken the game just a bit more seriously now won't have that opportunity. Thanks Robin, thanks Unai.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Risso said:

He's a shit reserve keeper who couldn't get in the Sheffield United team in the Championship.  I hope he does never play a single minute for us ever again, it's just unfortunate that we're now out of a cup just so that Emery can confirm to himself that his back up keeper isn't a real footballer. The other fringe players who might have played a bit more had we taken the game just a bit more seriously now won't have that opportunity. Thanks Robin, thanks Unai.

Nice to get your colours nailed to the mast nice and early

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Agree with this. Unai gave him a shot and I don’t believe for one moment his instructions was to stay on the line. 

And in the beginning, Olsen did come out high to collect but somewhere in the first half, there was a bundle and miscommunication between him and Chambers and his confidence coming out went downhill.

Unai gave him a shot, and now is time to put him in the bin…forever hopefully 

Cannot believe people are in here questioning the new manager already. Peak Villadom that, after he's just delivered one of our best league wins in years. Then he gets lumped with this absolute punchline of a goalkeeper for his second match, and he's being blamed for how poor he is? 

Quality.

For the record, and don't hold me to this as it is just <<supposition>>, I'd think it's far more likely that Martinez asked not to play than Emery just chose to rest him. Even if not, let's not lump Olsen's performance at Emery's feet please? I trust he'll limit his use of him as much as physically possible in future.

Â