Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

17 minutes ago, Thug said:

I think he’s pointing out that Martinez made practically the same mistake today, but will escape any criticism.

Martinez has plenty of credit in the bank to be forgiven a mistake here and there, Olsen as yet does not.

When Martinez lets in 11 in 3 appearances then he can talk. 

8 hours ago, Powehi said:

Hi Mrs Olsen, welcome to the forum.

I mean, after Martinez, who we all love, made the exact same mistake under even less pressure, your comment there is pretty vapid. Odd timing. 

7 hours ago, Thug said:

I think he’s pointing out that Martinez made practically the same mistake today, but will escape any criticism.

Martinez has plenty of credit in the bank to be forgiven a mistake here and there, Olsen as yet does not.

Aside from the one mistake (which wasn't quite as bad as Olsen's anyway), there were few similarities between their performances yesterday anyway.

Martinez made one mistake which led to a goal but also made several decent saves and his distribution was excellent.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

On 14/11/2022 at 12:04, Ingram85 said:

Are we really favourably comparing a performance of an awful keeper in a 4-0 loss to that of another actually good one in a 2-1 win? Have I hit my head or something? 

I don’t think anyone was favourably comparing that performance to Emi’s.

I think someone merely pointed out that EMI made a similar mistake with passing out to a player but misplacing the pass that then directly led to a goal.

2 games in a row we’ve conceded a completely unnecessary goal through overplaying it.  The only difference between the two is that we beat Brighton.

I think the conclusion drawn was that Olsen was ostracised because he was Olsen.

I actually disagree - he was ostracised because we lost. (He cost us the game).  We lose to Brighton and Emi would’ve (rightly) got abuse.

I dont like the tactic.

Doing it with well-practiced keepers is risky, but may have it’s merits.  Doing it with keepers who are not well practiced is just suicide.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How did he get on yesterday? Still my biggest concern for Boxing Day. As least he went a game without conceding even if it was only a friendly.

didn't watch the whole game but made a couple of good saves

not sure about the goal kicks but we had a free kick around our own penalty spot that mings took - not sure if he's been taken off dead ball duties

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How did he get on yesterday? Still my biggest concern for Boxing Day. As least he went a game without conceding even if it was only a friendly.

Was he substituted? I though he played the whole match?

He was subbed off at half time for Marschall because he was struggling with something.

If he's a doubt for boxing day then it's a worry.

As much as he's not impressed during his time here, he's still a keeper experienced in playing in front of a big crowd.

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He was subbed off at half time for Marschall because he was struggling with something.

If he's a doubt for boxing day then it's a worry.

As much as he's not impressed during his time here, he's still a keeper experienced in playing in front of a big crowd.

Any chance we would recall Sinisalo?

Just noticed he isn't starting for Burton. That's a waste of time then.

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He's a backup keeper who was not brought in with Emery's tactics in mind. What were people expecting exactly?

I expected him to be shit. He was indeed shit.

(Just a joke don’t take it seriously)

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I can remember him being bad against Newcastle but was he really bad at Utd? I thought the ground was really bad, and we tried to build more from the back, high line in such a tough weather.

He genuinely dropped a 2/10 in that cup game. Remember him coming to claim a ball completely unopposed and still managed to spill it and make a right mess of pretty much everything he did that day. There was a reason he couldnt get a game in the championship. His best game for us was probably last day at the Etihad, and he had an incredibly shaky opening 25 mins and managed to cocede 3 in 5 mins at the end.

• Like 1

Â