Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Couldn’t catch the ball, rooted to his line, poor first touch and sloppy passing. I’m genuinely shocked that he is a top flight and international goalkeeper despite having so many glaring holes in his game. I’d be surprised if he ever plays for the club again, it wasn’t just errors, I’d say he looked like a non league goalkeeper, but they would be capable of doing the things that I’ve mentioned above.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

How the **** could Mings have known whether Olsen had it covered before trying to block it?  That's just nonsense.

Yep absolute b0110cks! Imagine if Ty just left it and thought...nah Olsen mate I know you got this bro.... he would have got slaughtered for not jumping in!

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve not seen him make any great saves for villa 

So you didn't see the saves he did today? And you are making your assessment of having watched him 3 games, of which two have been against Man C and Man U? And you forgot the saves he made against Man C?

We had him on loan for 6 months, if Cuts and others wouldn't have thought that he was a good keeper we wouldn't have signed him, he has been immense in several games for Sweden, starring in the Euros and WC qualifications.

Now I don't defend him, I have said from the start in this thread that I didn't want us to sign him, but rather a proven PL back up. Also said he isn't good enough with his feet and in the air. But comparing him with Nyland and Bunn like some do, or some of the things being said on here tonight is simply stupid overreactions. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

13 minutes ago, birdman said:

Totally disagree with Schmeichel saying Ty shouldn't have lunged in as Olsen had it covered. I think it was goal bound before Mings tries to block.

I think its impossible to say for certain but it looked to me like Olsen could have stuck a leg out to it. Either way, Mings would not have been able to know that so its not his fault.

• Like 1

I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke, but he’s an absolute hologram in goal. Was awful at Roma, awful at Sheffield United and had continued to be poor here. It always feels like he’s making a token gesture to reach the ball, like he never actually believes he’s going to save it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've got a horrible feeling he's playing Sunday. 

I think Emi won't want to risk any injury before the world Cup. 

I’m holding on to the slim chance that Emi not playing tonight was the trade off so he could play on Sunday 🤞🏻

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've got a horrible feeling he's playing Sunday. 

I think Emi won't want to risk any injury before the world Cup. 

Thinking the same thing. This WC is the most important thing in Emi’s life and even though he loves the club, he loves the Argentina team more. 

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

How bad must all other Swedish goalkeepers be that this guy is their number one? Seriously, **** hell.

Like apparently pretty bad. Their other 2 keepers are from the second tier in german football and the swedish league according to wikipedia. Again, just more evidence why we shouldn’t read “experienced international” and think he must be a good player. It could just mean everyone else is really shit.

• Like 1

Â