Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I mean, I understand the respect for principles, but as you say, he's awful and Emery must have known that before the game, so the decision to play him anyway seems odd, it's a bad decision.

The guy lacks any confidence and having some is a basic requirement for any keeper. How many people looked at our team sheet and thought that looks weak for all sorts of reasons, but particularly because Olsen is playing? I certainly did.

Emery is in the door a week, maybe he is a good trainer for example amd wanted to have a look at him. 60 cap Swedish international who has World Cup, Euros and Champions League experience you would want to take a look

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

but as you say, he's awful and Emery must have known that before the game, so the decision to play him anyway seems odd, it's a bad decision.

Probably does ok in training. I mean he is still number 2, not like 5th choice or something. He just isn’t good enough and I’m sure Emery knows that now and will look to replace hopefully. Heads should be rolling that we paid actual money for him though. 

I rwally do think if martinez played we could have seen the game out. The back four was a complete shambles. I truly believe when you have a keeper that looks terrified and not commanding it has a impact on the back four.

Hell even if we drew kettering town in fa cup i wouldnt play this clown in goal. Ive seen enough to decide this guys hopeless

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Emery is in the door a week, maybe he is a good trainer for example amd wanted to have a look at him. 60 cap Swedish international who has World Cup, Euros and Champions League experience you would want to take a look

Sure, that is what he did, give him a chance, but he didn't need to. Whatever history Olsen has is irrelevant now.

The last two to three years of his career have wiped out any credit he had previously accrued.

Check out what his champion's league experience with Roma actually amounted to. If we needed a back up keeper it shouldn't have been him. 

15 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Sure, that is what he did, give him a chance, but he didn't need to. Whatever history Olsen has is irrelevant now.

The last two to three years of his career have wiped out any credit he had previously accrued.

Check out what his champion's league experience with Roma actually amounted to. If we needed a back up keeper it shouldn't have been him. 

Of course but the manager probably knows less about our players at the moment than we do

Then the final part what back up keeper could we get? Arsenal back up goalkeeper has even less pedigree than Olsen, Man City cost them the FA Cup final

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It’s something Emery does. He’s uses the backup keeper in the Cups. It’s just so happens our backup keeper is terrible.

No it doesn't just happen. Gerrard, Lange, et. co., whoever sanctioned this purchase, are to blame. 

Edited by vreitti

25 minutes ago, vreitti said:

No it doesn't just happen. Gerrard, Lange, et. co., whoever sanctioned this purchase, are to blame. 

Yeah.... but I think OP is saying that Emery's "want" is to play the backup keeper in the cup.  It doesn't matter who they are, he will play them.

Also, there's nothing wrong with that!  As I said before, I don't think he was too bad up until he gifted them their 3rd.  He could've done better on other situations, but whatever.  After that 3rd, though, he was gone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yep, strange one from Emery.  Why did we play with such a high line if the keeper wasn't instructed to come out?

Do you really think the reason Olsen didn't come out more was because he wasn't told to?

Come on. Why are people trying so hard to find fault with Emery already? :D 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Â