Lucas Digne

villan-scott

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

Don't be daft, that's Digne's 0.01% annual pay rise. It's capped because numbers don't go higher.

Infinity plus 0.01%

• Like 1

i dont remember what led up to their first goal but why was digne stuck out on the right side? Once the cross went in it was 3 v 2 around the penalty spot.

Tielemans and digne were in the right back position and konsa wasn't marking anyone. Just looked like a mess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

i dont remember what led up to their first goal but why was digne stuck out on the right side? Once the cross went in it was 3 v 2 around the penalty spot.

Tielemans and digne were in the right back position and konsa wasn't marking anyone. Just looked like a mess.

That's what I'm baffled about, Ezri was behind them marking nobody. It made no sense.

12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

That's what I'm baffled about, Ezri was behind them marking nobody. It made no sense.

I was behind the goal, and as the ball came in could see they had a three on one overload at the back post. With Digne over by the tunnel. I'd really like to know what made that happen. 

15 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

they had a corner cleared that they recycled back to that side -- not enough time for Digne to make it back to the left as he had the short option for the corner

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Another assist today

Yep and it was a superb one IMO. McGinn was calm enough to find Moreno, then when Moreno had it Digne was surrounded by defenders and it would have been easy to stay static. But, he makes an excellent run in behind (which Moreno found excellently) and then whipped in one hell of a ball.

I really have a lot of time for Digne.  People wanted him gone in the summer because of money.  He's had to have time on the bench because of Moreno coming in and looking a little flashier, but he's come back in and made LB his own. 

Isn't wonderful having two legitimately good players competing for places?! 

He deserved his assist and I love his attitude. 

Worth every penny of his contract. 

• Like 2

Had a brilliant season.

Totally kept Saka under wraps and fantastic cross for the first goal.

I'm actually interested what the plan was if he was sold in August as rumoured? I assume the Athletic or John Percy will do a big piece on us once the season is finished and I'd like to see Digne get a paragraph or two.

From what I remember we wanted to flog him to Saudi land and replace him with Marcos Acuna. We also assumed Moreno would be back fully fit by mid September and going off pre season another plan was clearly to have Pau Torres playing some games at LB depending on opposition.

As it happens Moreno was rushed back too early and didn't start playing regularly until December and really hasn't played that well. Acuna had endless injuries at Sevilla and only featured in 15 league games. Pau at LB would've been a real waste aswell given how comfortable he's looked at CB after the dodgy first few games.

So hanging onto Digne for one more year was a great football decision.

Â