Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

My thoughts too.

This season, I think Digne has been the better of the two.

He has, Moreno not the same since injury and maybe struggling by not having a consistent LM in front of him. 

18 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Puzzling why this not starting been our best defender all season for me.

Emery brought Konsa in at RB to help counter West Ham's physicality. As the system requires at least one full back to be attacking, Moreno skills are better suited in this area, as he is more of a ball carrier. But I do appreciate Digne's performances have been higher than Moreno's this season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really want to hear this whole "Moreno has to play because he is our offensive wingback when Konsa is on the right" thing any more, Digne has largely been the better option going forward this year, not to mention being far and away the better defender.

• Like 4

Much more comfortable when he's playing at the moment.  Having said that Moreno got forward well today just picked the wrong option too many times 

Been miles better than Moreno for all the season at both ends.

It's a shame due to FFP he'll likely be sold in the summer as with his vast experience he's an ideal player to have in the squad for a CL campaign. 

Moreno not looking the same after his bad injury and in his 30s and we'll likely to have as back up kids and probably a CB who can fill in at LB so won't be as strong.

2 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Don't really want to hear this whole "Moreno has to play because he is our offensive wingback when Konsa is on the right" thing any more, Digne has largely been the better option going forward this year, not to mention being far and away the better defender.

I think it was more we just needed to be on the front foot in this game.

However Man. City away you simply have to start Konsa and Digne as the FBs so that's a very easy choice now.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't know why he doesn't start more. 

He was one of our best players early in the season.

Maybe they’re managing his minutes so he doesn’t get burnt out for the tail end of this season? Far-fetched, I know. Just not sure what else would be keeping him on the bench to start games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've decided I don't want him to leave 🙄.

I see how he interacts with the team and how he seems like a genuinely good lad and influence on the dressing room.

Obviously he's a very dependable LB too!

He's too old to keep now. Sell him while we might get a fee for him and get him off the wage bill. His wages are too high for a sub left back. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He's too old to keep now. Sell him while we might get a fee for him and get him off the wage bill. His wages are too high for a sub left back. 

Sadly probably what dictates, just hoping we can get someone in equally as capable.

More of an emotional attachment to this group of players!

It’s funny how this time last year we didn’t care if he left,  as Moreno had hit the ground running and was tearing holes in opposition defenses.

This season Lucas has been a model professional. He has stepped in whenever needed and performed to a top level. He deserves a start against City.

This has been the advantage of having two top class but different style left backs. Let’s hope Alex can find his old form,  although it may it take the close season reset to return to his old self.

More than happy to keep Lucas and pay the price, whilst he can still deliver at this level.

Onwards!

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't know why he doesn't start more. 

He was one of our best players early in the season.

Because he is slow 

Unai wants an explosive fullback at that side.

And considering Moreno seem to have lost a yard of pace I imagine we will be looking to strengthen in the summer 

Â