Lucas Digne

villan-scott

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It was definitely an awkward smile. I do it when I'm uncomfortable .

Not really arsed like but Emery is definitely berating him for something and Digne mouths 'when?' Probably a misunderstanding and all a bit cringe.

Based on Emerys comment he’s giving Digne tactical instruction, most likely based on something he did or did not like from Moreno’s play. Maybe others had a different angle, all I saw was Emery’s back, so I have no idea if he was berating anyone. 

Obviously Digne wasn't smiling because Emery was telling him a joke, it was more of a bemused or confused smile, and others on the bench looked confused as well, so I don't think Digne actually did anything wrong

My guess would be that Forest had just misplaced a pass and it went out of play in our leftback area, maybe Emery was disappointed that Moreno wasn't able to take advantage of that misplaced pass, and so getting carried away he turned around and told Digne that he would expect him to do better in that situation, if you notice Emery's hands he does that rotating thing with them that players and managers do to indicate a sub, so I think whatever he was saying it was to do with instructions should he, Digne be brought on

I think the squad are used to Unai’s remonstrations when seeing something he doesn’t like but it’s not usually directed towards the bench, so Digne was more amused more than anything. 

25 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I think the squad are used to Unai’s remonstrations when seeing something he doesn’t like but it’s not usually directed towards the bench, so Digne was more amused more than anything. 

Even McGimn in one interview said Unai can get a bit fiery and you don't want to get on his wrong side lol.

I'm almost certain the " smile " was due to them knowing how he is and having to " humour " and listen to the boss passionately going off about something which may have been a small detail or frustration.

Moments of passion and all that.

It was awkward watching but I don't think it's what it's being made out to be.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even McGimn in one interview said Unai can get a bit fiery and you don't want to get on his wrong side lol.

I'm almost certain the " smile " was due to them knowing how he is and having to " humour " and listen to the boss passionately going off about something which may have been a small detail or frustration.

Moments of passion and all that.

It was awkward watching but I don't think it's what it's being made out to be.

Lucas certainly seemed relaxed enough at the end of the match, with his trademark "Another one!!!" shout. 

• Like 1

On 24/02/2024 at 13:18, villa4europe said:

It then went to Unai bollocking him and it looked to me like Digne was wording "When? When?" I wasn't sure or would at worst like to think Digne had a laugh with the crowd and the pass and the Don shot him down 

I assumed they (or at least Digne) were speaking French and Digne was saying “ouais?” - ie “yeah?” - which would be the same mouth shape as the “when?” you thought you saw. But that’s based on the exact same video you saw and either way it just seemed like a tactical chat.

3 hours ago, useless said:

My guess would be that Forest had just misplaced a pass and it went out of play in our leftback area, maybe Emery was disappointed that Moreno wasn't able to take advantage of that misplaced pass, and so getting carried away he turned around and told Digne that he would expect him to do better in that situation, if you notice Emery's hands he does that rotating thing with them that players and managers do to indicate a sub, so I think whatever he was saying it was to do with instructions should he, Digne be brought on

“I’m going to bring you on in a few minutes and as you can see, these lads are garbage so get a few assists please”

I loved the scene. When the club is doing so well and there is clearly great unity you don’t mind seeing this kind of thing at all. 

It’s when you’re struggling it gets worrying.

I bet you whatever Digne hadn’t done wrong, he will never do it again 🤣 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Emery goes absolutely ballistic at every slight misplaced pass and any other error. Despite his nice guy image and unerring politeness in interviews, on match day he's an absolute winner, and anybody not listening to what he says 100% is going to be told. And it clearly isn't any sort of problem, because the players all love him to bits, you can see that from all of them.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Lucas certainly seemed relaxed enough at the end of the match, with his trademark "Another one!!!" shout. 

He was clearly referring to "another" bollocking from Unai 😏 

Need to keep him - Totally different LB to Moreno. Great to have both options. Managed their right-side attack beautifully, where Rogers and Moreno were struggling (albeit that menace RW of theirs went off) 

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Lovely header, Needs to be starting against Spurs, Moreno has been poor since coming back from injury

A lot of their attack was down the left. Same with the corners, but I think that's on Lenglet.

Â