Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

From memory this man has given more blood for the Villa cause than anyone i can remember Must be about 5 times now he has bled in a game

For the men's team anyway

• Haha 4

Just rewatching the goal, he has time to think about the header as it floats in the air for a little bit, he knows it's approaching full time. He was calm under pressure, what a goal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, supermon said:

Just rewatching the goal, he has time to think about the header as it floats in the air for a little bit, he knows it's approaching full time. He was calm under pressure, what a goal.

Probably not allowed to say this anymore but that French nonchalance paid off in this case

Edited by MSvillain
  • Shocked 1

On 03/03/2024 at 19:24, Rodders said:

Precis of the another one gag for an ignoramus who has missed the reference? 

As per @Tom13 but also, Digne adopted it as his post match tunnel camera interaction it during our record run of home wins.

I feel like after our run ended it should have run its course, but seems its restarted for any win now. 

• Like 1

Crucial player for us, best left back at the club this year and still gets so little respect, treated as a punchline to the same lame jokes.

would have been a disaster to sell him this past summer and I'd be very concerned moving him on and relying heavily on Moreno next season.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Does he?

I can’t think of another player who’s made more crucial contributions while at the same time routinely being classed as dead weight or a must sell in transfer threads. No other player is subjected to more constant critical cost/benefit analysis. I think he’s earned more respect than he’s afforded.

• Like 3

Just now, grantholtgolazo said:

I can’t think of another player who’s made more crucial contributions while at the same time routinely being classed as dead weight or a must sell in transfer threads. No other player is subjected to more constant critical cost/benefit analysis. I think he’s earned more respect than he’s afforded.

100% agree. I really think he is a significant part of why we have done so well this season. He is consistently very good. I will be disappointed if he leaves and think if he try and replace him with a player of similar quality then they will cost just as much in wages and fee.

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

100% agree. I really think he is a significant part of why we have done so well this season. He is consistently very good. I will be disappointed if he leaves and think if he try and replace him with a player of similar quality then they will cost just as much in wages and fee.

Isn’t Moreno meant to be his replacement?

and then a younger player to be Moreno’s no2.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Isn’t Moreno meant to be his replacement?

and then a younger player to be Moreno’s no2.

He’s better than Moreno imo. Or at least as good as but with different strengths. That’s my  point though…If we had gone through the first half of the season with a less experienced back up to Moreno we wouldn’t have done as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Always feel more confident when he plays ahead of moreno, even though i rate moreno

Moreno has been disappointing  this season but similar to Ramsey, I think coming back from injury half way through the season it's just so difficult to get back up to speed. Digne has been excellent though, fair play to him 12 months ago many were wanting to get rid of him (myself included), but he's starting to justify his millions of pounds per week in wages

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Thought it was strange starting Moreno instead of him when Duran started. Digne better at whipping in crosses to make use of Durans height.

My thoughts too.

This season, I think Digne has been the better of the two.

• Like 1

Â