Lucas Digne

villan-scott

He has been very good for us this season. Probably his best form since joining the Villa.
Great to have 2 talented guys covering left back. More than happy for him to see out his contract, if he maintains this level of performance 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, beasley14 said:

Much better than Moreno at the moment, right decision from Unai to swap then out.

It's great to have a good alternative in a position and  to have a manager able to see the change is necessary. Hopefully it will also keep Moreno determined to prove his worth when/if his chance comes around again.

• Like 1

He's been absolutely fantastic , he's a top left back and our number 1 for the spot now....but if an offer comes in then it should be entertained.

That's this football club now , we need to be absolutely spot on with our business and letting players got old and lose value is where Leicester went wrong

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

A bit underrated IMO.

I don't understand, the constant reference to his wages.....We had a choice not to sign him, no arm up the back, or gun to the head.

The club has a decision to make, when they sign players.....no good bitching about it afterwards.

He has played well this season.....from my perspective, his wages are his and the clubs business....not mine.

I just want players to play well.....I don't want to know what they earn.

Gerrard signed him and so some people will always criticise him and the money he’s on 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

A bit underrated IMO.

I don't understand, the constant reference to his wages.....We had a choice not to sign him, no arm up the back, or gun to the head.

The club has a decision to make, when they sign players.....no good bitching about it afterwards.

He has played well this season.....from my perspective, his wages are his and the clubs business....not mine.

I just want players to play well.....I don't want to know what they earn.

It's because it's a factor that requires consideration. He's up there with some of our highest earners but isn't automatically first choice, yet, at least, and people are still comparing him to the impact Moreno had last season. 

I'm happy with him and wouldn't sell him but it really depends on how Emery rates him.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He any chance of making it to the French Squad? 

Probably and outside chance. Theo Hernandez  is pretty much guaranteed to be 1st choice LB.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Gerrard signed him and so some people will always criticise him and the money he’s on 

I don't think that's it at all. Gerrard signed Kamara on big money and he doesn't get criticism as a result.

It's just a self feeding joke, along the lines of 'why didn't Barry take the penalty?' and 'can we loan Janjuzaj?'

The joke is separate to the player, who the vast majority of Villa fans are very happy with, I'm sure.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

It's because it's a factor that requires consideration. He's up there with some of our highest earners but isn't automatically first choice, yet, at least, and people are still comparing him to the impact Moreno had last season. 

I'm happy with him and wouldn't sell him but it really depends on how Emery rates him.

By us?.....not so sure, it's my business?....or in fact anything, I want to consider.

I think there are demarcation lines as a fan....and personally, I don't want to cross them. I know my place as a fan/supporter and I know, what does and doesn't concern me.

It does depend on how Emery rates him, or see's the value of him.....but its not my job, to busy myself with that....I just look at his play and effect on the team.

In all my supporting life watching Villa, I have never been interested in players wages.....I have always felt its the clubs business, and the player....not mine.

I don't wish to be blunt.....but that's the way I feel.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He signed Boubacar Kamara too.

I think it's a bit narrow minded, if anybody uses that as a reason to be picky.

The club has to respect the decisions previous managers made, good or bad as a part of the deal...We have examples of good and bad.

buy hey.....If an offer comes in the manager will balance his options, to suit his plans...I am sure we will all back that.

Edited by TRO

42 minutes ago, picicata said:

I don't think that's it at all. Gerrard signed Kamara on big money and he doesn't get criticism as a result.

It's just a self feeding joke, along the lines of 'why didn't Barry take the penalty?' and 'can we loan Janjuzaj?'

The joke is separate to the player, who the vast majority of Villa fans are very happy with, I'm sure.

You make a very good point there. Can we loan Januzaj?

• Haha 1

He's been very good this season, showing why he's played for Barca and has 40+ french caps.

Moreno coming in on the left side of the midfield for Zaniolo also added some solidity and got Moreno further up the pitch where his strengths are better utilised.

• Like 2

Â